Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gunsmithing & Do-It-Yourself Projects > Gunsmithing Forum > Real Avid Gun Tool Multi-Tool

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2014, 12:22 PM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1378 Times on 937 Posts
Likes Given: 472

Default Real Avid Gun Tool Multi-Tool

Does anyone out there own a Real Avid Gun Tool Multi-Tool. It looks like the best thing for a gun bag since sliced bread. If you have a Real Avid Gun Tool Multi-Tool let us know how well it works.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/936637/real-avid-gun-tool-multi-tool?cm_vc=ProductFinding

This one appears to be a better value.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/731167/real-avid-gun-tool-plus-multi-tool-kit?cm_vc=subv1731167

Nothing in the affairs of men is worthy of great anxiety - Plato

Last edited by John_Deer; 02-04-2014 at 12:36 PM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-04-2014, 12:53 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1423 Times on 991 Posts
Likes Given: 710

I had one. The punch broke off quickly on a routine job, no hammering. The wrenches held up but were getting loose at the handle. It was I good idea just not well executed. I would not buy another one. Everything it has to offer but a lot more durable fits in a little candy box in my range bag.

Old 02-04-2014, 05:36 PM   #3
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2637 Times on 1537 Posts
Likes Given: 1169

Not too many AR tools on it.

One cannot even tighten the hand grip.

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)

Old 02-04-2014, 05:59 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1378 Times on 937 Posts
Likes Given: 472

Quote:
Originally Posted by danf_fl View Post
Not too many AR tools on it.

One cannot even tighten the hand grip.
I don't shoot an AR very often. But thanks for pointing that out for members that do shoot an AR a whole lot.

If you shoot an AR midway carries an armorers wrench that will fit almost everything on an AR. When I shoot 3 gun and now we are seeing 4 gun tower events everyone has something to fix an AR.

Even the sporting clay club I belong to is planning to sponsoring a 4 gun tower event. Since ZSA has become part of USPSA you will start seeing Zombie events everywhere. So many Zombies so little time!

Nothing in the affairs of men is worthy of great anxiety - Plato

Old 02-04-2014, 11:35 PM   #5
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5248 Times on 2738 Posts
Likes Given: 330

I keep one of these http://www.midwayusa.com/product/297593/wheeler-engineering-28-piece-space-saver-gunsmithing-screwdriver-set?cm_vc=ProductFinding and a punch set in the range bag. Its good enough for anything you really can do at the range. I also carry a small soft hammer for pin driving or sight drifting.

I've tried multi tools before they just aren't very handy because they are clumsy to use. I gave the last one to some guy at the range. He seemed to like it.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 02-04-2014, 11:49 PM   #6
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 19816 Times on 11250 Posts
Likes Given: 49935

i tend to rely upon real tools meant to do a specific job and function rather than gimmicky, do-it-all multi-purpose tools that fail to do the job.

Old 02-05-2014, 12:30 AM   #7

Liked 349 Times on 200 Posts

The "multi-tasker" which is made by, I believe, Emerson, is supposed to be the bees knees when it comes to AR specific multi tools.

Sent from my HTC One X using Firearms Talk mobile app

Old 02-05-2014, 12:59 AM   #8

Liked 349 Times on 200 Posts

Never mind. Emerson partnered with Mutlitasker to provide a knife for that tool. Multitasker is a registered trademark for their AR specific mutli tool. I might be slightly off. Either way, a lot of guys in the industry seem to be pushing that multi tool. Nothing is better than a specific tool for the job, but this one seems to have a lot of what you'd need for an AR.

Sent from my HTC One X using Firearms Talk mobile app