Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gunsmithing & Do-It-Yourself Projects > Gunsmithing Forum > Pre war model 10 smith &wesson

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2012, 01:43 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Default Pre war model 10 smith &wesson

Okay, I'll you brilliant gunsmiths out there.

I've got a pre war model 10 that has the safety notched into the frame. This of course keeps the hand in place to rotate the cylinder.

Question: is this supposed to free float? This one is jambed down inside the slot in the frame side plate.

It has been abused by the several previous owners. Pretty cool history though it belonged to a constable in Commerce Texas. It was given to my secretary's father in laws father.

Just trying to make it functional it seems solid other than the failure to rotate the cylinder which was mucked up and if course I cleaned and replaced the springs. It's been a process.

Thanks for the help.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-04-2012, 03:01 AM   #2
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2917 Times on 1718 Posts

Judging by your question I would have to tell you to take it to a reputable gunsmith. It is likely not going to be a cheap fix and I would not attempt to fire that gun as it is. Sorry

I don't need No stinking signature.

Old 03-04-2012, 02:48 PM   #3

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

With all due respect mountain man.

I didn't ask for an opinion on my gunsmithing skills, I asked a question regarding the internal safety called a hammer block, in an old model 10 revolver.

I thought someone may be able to give me some insight as to the replacement and availability of the old style hammer block. I've already scrounged several parts and the revolver is almost compete.

Thanks though for your concern.

Old 03-04-2012, 09:23 PM   #4
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2917 Times on 1718 Posts

looks like numrich has victory parts which are a variant id assume if you had no question of your smithing abilities you would have already explored that option my mistake