is it possible and would it be legal?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gunsmithing & Do-It-Yourself Projects > Gunsmithing Forum > is it possible and would it be legal?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-2011, 12:50 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default is it possible and would it be legal?

Was wondering if it would be possible to mount a 12gauge on to the bottom of an AR much like how a grenade launcher. I know the barrel of the shot gun would have to sit flush with where the barrel of the AR flash suppressor ends due to the spray. Is this idea even legal, and how do I compensate the kick of the shot gun?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-12-2011, 12:57 AM   #2

Liked 1414 Times on 844 Posts
Likes Given: 146

I believe I saw an episode where RED JACKET married an AR And a SAIGA much like you re talking about.

As for the kick, grit your teeth and lean into it.

NEVER FORGET

Old 12-12-2011, 01:00 AM   #3

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Yeah it's possible, it's called a master key I believe, there's other ones like flame throwers and chainsaws that have been put under there in video games and such as well

"It's not how big your stick is, it's how hard you swing it."

"When a man lies, he murders some part of the world.
These are the pale deaths which men miscall their lives.
All this I cannot bear to witness any longer.
Cannot the Kingdom of Salvation take me home?"

Old 12-12-2011, 01:13 AM   #4

Liked 9204 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

I'll bet there's a kit for that. It's not just in video games, the video games got the concept from real life.

As was already stated, yeah, just grit your teeth and lean into it.

Old 12-12-2011, 01:15 AM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1151 Times on 751 Posts
Likes Given: 690

possible? yes
recoil. from videos its looks managable. remember your not going for accuracy with buckshot...
legal? idk doubtful. its too cool. but again idk

rem870mcs_ax.jpg   sopmod_m4_masterkey_01.jpg  
when I am torn into strips and used as bandages
for my wounded comrades on the battlefield,
When I fly at half-mast to honor my soldiers,
Or when I lie in the trembling arms
of a grieving mother
at the graveside of her fallen son.

Old 12-12-2011, 01:18 AM   #6

Liked 762 Times on 441 Posts
Likes Given: 461

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double_tap View Post
Was wondering if it would be possible to mount a 12gauge on to the bottom of an AR much like how a grenade launcher. I know the barrel of the shot gun would have to sit flush with where the barrel of the AR flash suppressor ends due to the spray. Is this idea even legal, and how do I compensate the kick of the shot gun?
It's doable but legality is another question entirely. By law a shot gun needs to have an overall length of 26" and a barrel no shorter that 18". That's a lot of weight to hang off of the front of an AR. Eventhough you are integrating the shotgun onto the AR the fact remains that the shotgun receiver is still a serialed firearm for BATFE purposes. You would most likely need an AOW NFA stamp to deal with the length issue.

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

Old 12-12-2011, 02:20 AM   #7

What are you gonna use it for anyway? Unless you breach doors on a regular basis its only gonna slow you down. Trust me I carried one in afghanistan. Other than for breaches (of which we did a lot) the thing was just dead weight. You couldn't really use it for antipersonell like in video games, too akward to hold, and the way the recoil acts it tugs the gun down instead of climbing like would be expected. Took me by suprise the first time damn near dropped the thing.

We're all goin' to hell and I'm drivin' the bus.

Old 12-12-2011, 02:22 AM   #8

Liked 229 Times on 141 Posts

Best way I can think of to do this legally that I can think of would be to find a Serbu shorty shotgun (or similar gun,but this is the only one I know of particularly suited for this),its technically considered an AOW instead of a short barreled shotgun because of the way its assembled I believe.apply for your NFA tax stamp,wait your 4-6 months for it to get approved (hopefully) pay your $5 AOW tax And take possession of the shotgun,after that find someone with the skills and innovation to attach it to your quad rail system

Old 12-12-2011, 02:22 AM   #9

Liked 9204 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

I have a battle axe I don't use (except for hunting dragons while riding a flying horse). It's really cool though.

Old 12-12-2011, 02:23 AM   #10
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 153 Times on 91 Posts

Watch the movie predator the Indian feller has the first one ever made it's old school lookin
http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRmMIeMqwi6c9Wt6wA6U4sVtLmEuIiH9 3a2-lWDG53auyKfHP-7Qw