Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gunsmithing & Do-It-Yourself Projects > Gunsmithing Forum > Para Ordnance

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-12-2007, 06:05 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Para Ordnance

I purchased a P12-45 about 4 months ago and just recently it has started throwing hot brass at my head every few rounds. I realize this is the extrator acting up and I saw during my use of the forum search that Para does have a new extration system. Does anyone know if PO is able to retrofit pre PXT stuff or am I doomed to have little circles on my forehead. I purchased it used from Gander mountain but am not sure if the warrently that i purchased with it will cover the extraction problem.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-19-2007, 03:50 PM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default Para Ord?

Hello all

RON L here = SRESURPLUS

I'm not up on Para guns of Late, but if it has a conventional 1911A1 type of extractor, you might try removing that and try bending it to adjust the thow of the Brass? I've not seen a 45 that could not be fixed by removing the extract and on a hard surface bend it in or out and try it? It will get better or worsde and you will know the way to correct it?