Nylon 66 nameplate
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gunsmithing & Do-It-Yourself Projects > Gunsmithing Forum > Nylon 66 nameplate

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-24-2012, 12:08 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Nylon 66 nameplate

Hi, I have a Nylon 66 clip that some replaced the small round nameplate on the stock with a 77 nameplate. Could anyone tell me the best and safest way to replace the nameplate with a correct 66 nameplate. I have the correct plate, just not sure how to do without tearing up anything.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-24-2012, 12:33 AM   #2

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

By nameplate what do you mean? I have taken apart mine and can link you to a nylon 66 disassembly video. My nylon 66 has a tube mag out the back though. Maybe pictures of what you are talking about and I can guide you in the right direction.

Old 06-24-2012, 12:36 AM   #3

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Here are 2 links on disassembly of the nylon 66 that I have used in the past. Since you have the clip version of the nylon 66. Make sure to remove the clip before disassembly. Everything else should be the same. It is quite simple to disassemble. I will be happy to help if you need it. PM me if you do.

http://www.nylonrifles.com/Nylonpdf/RemNylon66.pdf

Old 06-24-2012, 10:56 AM   #4

Thanks for the response. I have attached a picture ( I hope ). It is the bottom rubber plate between butt and trigger. The attached is the way it should look - not with a 77 on the plate.

nylon-plate.jpg  

Old 06-24-2012, 10:45 PM   #5

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Are you sure that you have a nylon 66? I think you have a nylon 77. From what I have read the both the grip plate and the buttplate are bonded in place from the factory. They were not meant to come off at all. I also read that the inside of it MAY have 2 screws holding it in place from the inside under the whole trigger assembly. Although that is true, I am pretty sure you have a nylon 77. The 66's came with a tube mag where as the 77 comes with a clip. Pictures of the gun itself and how you know its a 66 would help. From what I have read though, I would be almost certain it is a 77.

Old 06-24-2012, 10:47 PM   #6

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Also, here is a link to all the info you would need to know about that gun. History, disassembly, and little things on the rifle itself.

http://www.nylonrifles.com/wp/2009/01/introductionremingtonnylonrifle/

Old 06-25-2012, 10:19 AM   #7

I am positive it is a 66. I have over 25 of these Nylon rifles. The 77 was a green colored clip sold by K-Mart called an Apache. The one I have with the wrong plate is a Mohawk color 5 round clip that was made before they came out with the 10C. The only ones I am missing in my collection is the high dollar hard to find ones that eventually I will break my piggy bank and someday have the complete collection. Believe me any info out there I have read on these Nylons. Thanks