Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gunsmithing & Do-It-Yourself Projects > Gunsmithing Forum > Norinco mac 90

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2013, 11:58 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Likes Given: 1

Default Norinco mac 90

I'm having trouble with it jamming after about the fifth shot. I've had it for years and need answers. Any one have any ideas on what I can do to solve this issue. It's a very finicky!!

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-30-2013, 01:52 PM   #2
Retired

Liked 2267 Times on 1356 Posts
Likes Given: 1058

Welcome to the FTF. When you sign in, there is a section for "Introductions". Stop by and say "Hi"

Now back to the problem....

Most problems with feeding will be associated with the mag. Does it do it with more than one mag?

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC

Old 04-30-2013, 07:22 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by danf_fl
Welcome to the FTF. When you sign in, there is a section for "Introductions". Stop by and say "Hi"

Now back to the problem....

Most problems with feeding will be associated with the mag. Does it do it with more than one mag?
Hi danf, YES it does and I tried different brands of ammo. One ammo I find that doesn't have a problem with is a Slovakian or Russian round that I found at a shooting range. They no longer carry it and it was very expensive buying from them. The round will not eject.

Old 04-30-2013, 07:26 PM   #4
Supporting Member

Liked 1795 Times on 921 Posts
Likes Given: 971

oneiobear,

Did it work well before or did it just start doing this? More details please!
What kind of ammunition. One magazine or all have problems?

The Constitution is not an instrument for the Government to restrain the people. It is an instrument for the people to restrain the Government!
*Patrick Henry

Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

-- John F. Kennedy

oneipbear Likes This 
Old 04-30-2013, 07:37 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper03
oneiobear,

Did it work well before or did it just start doing this? More details please!
What kind of ammunition. One magazine or all have problems?

I bought it in 91 and its always had this problem. I stopped taking it to the range for year and recently brought it out tried the range ammo and it work fine. Bought similar ammo and it started doing it again. I'm attaching a pic of ammo.

Name:  image-4043680600.jpg
Views: 120
Size:  28.7 KB

This is the ammo I thought would work but has the same problem.

Old 04-30-2013, 07:42 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneipbear

I bought it in 91 and its always had this problem. I stopped taking it to the range for year and recently brought it out tried the range ammo and it work fine. Bought similar ammo and it started doing it again. I'm attaching a pic of ammo.

This is the ammo I thought would work but has the same problem.
Sorry also all mags that I have.

Old 04-30-2013, 08:49 PM   #7
Supporting Member

Liked 1795 Times on 921 Posts
Likes Given: 971

oneipbear,

I would suggest if possible be sure the internals are cleaned lubed well first. I am sure you have done that! They should look slightly wet or damp. Then see if you can find one box of Federal, Winchester or top quality ammunition and see if it works. I am betting it will work flawlessly! Most of the malfunctions in the Kalashnikov type weapons is caused by the ammunition being too weak or magazine problem. Also be sure your chamber does not have a build up of lacquer from the previous steel case ammunition like WOLF being fired in the weapon. That seems to be a major cause of failures to extract correctly which in tern causes jams.
Keep us tuned in on your progress!

The Constitution is not an instrument for the Government to restrain the people. It is an instrument for the people to restrain the Government!
*Patrick Henry

Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

-- John F. Kennedy

danf_fl Likes This 
Old 05-01-2013, 01:18 AM   #8

Thank you Sniper03 for the advice and will keep updating.

Old 05-13-2013, 04:17 PM   #9

Liked 41 Times on 33 Posts
Likes Given: 41

My Mac 90 has always cycled flawlessly regardless of what I've fed it. I would try the brass 20ga bore brush method commonly used in the Mosin chamber. Make sure the gas tube is clean and unobstructed and everything else is clean and lubed. You can over lube, be conservative. These things are made to function under extreme adverse conditions so it should be easy to trouble shoot the problem.

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling, which thinks nothing is worth war, is worse. A man who has nothing which he cares more about than his own personal safety is a miserable creature, and has no chance of being free unless he is made free and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself" John Stuart Mill

Old 05-14-2013, 04:47 AM   #10

Thank you for the advise going to be going out pretty some. Weather is starting to warm up.