You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gunsmithing & Do-It-Yourself Projects > Gunsmithing Forum >

Night Sights for Kimber 1911

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-20-2008, 10:15 PM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 12 Times on 9 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigO01 View Post
Yes but matt those are a 3 Dot same color "Green" arrangement that there are claims of people "Including cops" managing to index the front sight off to the side when in defensive situation .

With MMC's adjustables he can opt for a Bar or a box Bar on the rear that will prevent that from happening .

Now I know O so many experts will claim adjustables are to delicate for "Duty" weapon but considering for decades many S&W and Colt revolvers rode in cops holsters serving rather well with adjustables I just don't buy it . After all lets get real , how often does your gun get dropped to even have a chance of the sights being damaged ?

Funny how in the days of adjustable sights on revolvers when a cop had to use his gun their hit percentage was much higher than it is now with Autos and Fixed so called combat sights .

You never heard of police unleashing a salvo of 60+ shots at a single standing still perp yet only managing to hit them a few times back in the day as we did just a few years ago up in NY City .

Perhaps the attitude of "Close enough" really isn't close enough when it comes to firing a gun to save your life ?
Trijicon offers rear sights in green, yellow or orange. All fronts come in green.

Vote freedom, join the Libertarian Party.

Old 03-14-2011, 04:21 AM   #12

Liked 191 Times on 130 Posts
Likes Given: 89

I know this is a 2-year-old thread, but...

If I bought my own sights, which sight pusher tool would be good enough? The Meprolight sight pusher tool is almost $500. If I had my own tool, I'd be able to open a sight installation shop...NOT!!!

I'm considering buying a Kimber with dead sights.

2 Chron. 7:14 Christians must seek His face

Old 03-14-2011, 10:11 AM   #13

Liked 29 Times on 7 Posts

Unless you plan to do a lot of sight work - it's cheaper to let a smith do it. Many of the small utility type pushers will work OK on everything but XDs...