Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Gunsmithing Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f33/)
-   -   new product (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f33/new-product-64852/)

wrightbuiltarmory 05-20-2012 06:38 PM

new product
 
I have become a ROYAL PURPLE
synthetic gun oil dealer
This full synthetic oil is not affected by temperature either 50 below or 150 temp this oil will not freeze your bolt on that cold hunt and will reduce barrel temp for competition shooting. Comes in a 4oz aerosol can for $10.99 or a 2oz oil bottle for $6.99 i helped royal purple come up with the application because i have used it in my rifles for the past year. It will not boil off like KG. And unlike CLP it will not run off
Cleaning just wipes off that's it
This weekend i Chronographed several strings with and with out oil
I found an increase in velocity and a lower case pressure using the same loads

canebrake 05-20-2012 07:20 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Yep, been around for a while. Good stuff but not as inexpensive as buying a quart of Mobil 1.

Attachment 46313

4 oz. ~$10.00 = $2.50/oz.

http://i695.photobucket.com/albums/v...l_1_7wur-1.jpg

32 oz. = ~$7.00 = $0.25/oz. (but it's not an aerosol)

wrightbuiltarmory 05-20-2012 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by canebrake
Yep, been around for a while. Good stuff but not as inexpensive as buying a quart of Mobil 1.

<img src="http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=46313"/>

4 oz. ~$10.00 = $2.50/oz.

32 oz. = ~$7.00 = $0.25/oz. (but it's not an aerosol)

I hope your not using. Regular motor oil in you're weapons. It is too thick will increase pressure reduce velocity and possibly cause catastrophic failure
Gun oil is specifically made for weapons

Marlinman 05-20-2012 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wrightbuiltarmory

I hope your not using. Regular motor oil in you're weapons. It is too thick will increase pressure reduce velocity and possibly cause catastrophic failure
Gun oil is specifically made for weapons

You are talking to someone who has been using motor oil in his guns longer than you have probably been alive and has had no problems what so ever as far as I know. My mentor has used it for twenty years w no problems also and he hunts in some of the worst places/times known to be great hunting

God didnt make all men equal colonel Sam Colt did

wrightbuiltarmory 05-20-2012 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marlinman

You are talking to someone who has been using motor oil in his guns longer than you have probably been alive and has had no problems what so ever as far as I know. My mentor has used it for twenty years w no problems also and he hunts in some of the worst places/times known to be great hunting

God didnt make all men equal colonel Sam Colt did

You maybe OK with that on bolt and trigger group. But your noting your bore right?

Marlinman 05-20-2012 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wrightbuiltarmory

You maybe OK with that on bolt and trigger group. But your noting your bore right?

Yes even use it down the bore. Mobil one is the same oil you used for your weapon in boot camp. They just said it was some special oil.

God didnt make all men equal colonel Sam Colt did

wrightbuiltarmory 05-20-2012 11:48 PM

The marine corps has a contact with CLP i don't know about other branches

Marlinman 05-20-2012 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wrightbuiltarmory
The marine corps has a contact with CLP i don't know about other branches

When I was in boot a few years ago we used motor oil

God didnt make all men equal colonel Sam Colt did

PlaysWithZombies 05-20-2012 11:58 PM

My father was a Marine DI and he always taught me to use motor oil, i've never had any problems with it.

Marlinman 05-21-2012 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PlaysWithZombies
My father was a Marine DI and he always taught me to use motor oil, i've never had any problems with it.

Exactly. My mentor started using it in Vietnam and has never stopped. Ya there's other stuff he uses more often probably but motor oil is still a big one

God didnt make all men equal colonel Sam Colt did


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:00 AM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.