New Barrels
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gunsmithing & Do-It-Yourself Projects > Gunsmithing Forum > New Barrels

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2010, 03:03 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 54 Times on 40 Posts
Likes Given: 44

Default New Barrels

I have an opportunity to pick up 2 Browning 24" bull barrels. One is a 22/250 and the other is a 243. I need to know if the barrel threads are specific to Browning or can they interchange with other makes? these barrels are in new condition. What would they be worth? Can they be adapted or would that be impractical?

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling, which thinks nothing is worth war, is worse. A man who has nothing which he cares more about than his own personal safety is a miserable creature, and has no chance of being free unless he is made free and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself" John Stuart Mill
A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of
Paul.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-01-2010, 05:29 PM   #2

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 3

They are specific to the model they were threaded for unless they were originally meant for the old Belgium Brownings. You could rethread them for something with smaller threads but to cut and rethread wouldn't be practical.

Sometimes you earthlings REALLY amaze me!

Old 03-01-2010, 06:42 PM   #3

Liked 54 Times on 40 Posts
Likes Given: 44

Default Thanks Bear

Come to find out, He wants $100 each for them. If you need one that is probably a good price but I don't need them and probably never will knowing my feelings toward Browning. These barrels were removed from new actions that were tourched in Australia according to him, For what ever that is worth?

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling, which thinks nothing is worth war, is worse. A man who has nothing which he cares more about than his own personal safety is a miserable creature, and has no chance of being free unless he is made free and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself" John Stuart Mill
A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of
Paul.