Need Help with ejector
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gunsmithing & Do-It-Yourself Projects > Gunsmithing Forum > Need Help with ejector

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2009, 02:57 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Need Help with ejector

I just took a Ruger 77 on trade, it is a 220 Swift heavy Barrel, made in 1976, the Rifle is in excellant condition and the throat and bore look really good, when i looked at the bolt face, the ejector is flush with the bolt face, so it will not eject the case, i drove out the retaining pin to release the ejector and spring, nothing moved, i pushed on the ejector with a pin punch, and can move it up and down a short ways, but it will not come out of the hole, does anyone have a idea on how to get this ejector free from the hole? thanks George Tucker, tucke@cableone.net.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-25-2010, 03:19 AM   #2

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Default Ruger M77 Ejector

Have you tried removing tghe extractor and tapping on the front of the bolt with a fiber or wood mallet? The inertia might jar the ejector loose and the fiber or wood should not hurt the bolt.

Old 02-25-2010, 04:32 AM   #3

Turner, i tried everything i could think of, flooded it with Kroil oil, and all the other methods, finally i was carefull and ended up drilling it out, everything turned out good, thanks for the reply, George.