Need Hard to find Parts
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gunsmithing & Do-It-Yourself Projects > Gunsmithing Forum > Need Hard to find Parts

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2012, 06:14 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Need Hard to find Parts

Hi: I am an amatur gunsmith for many decades working mostly on antiques, which makes parts availability an iffy thing. I make many of my parts but there are limits.
NEED:
*Trigger guard for Stevens Model 11 Junior
*Side lever for Stevens Crackshot Model 16
*Hammer for Alamo Ranger SA/DA 38 special SAA look alike
*Main spring for Kolb Hammerless Model 16, Y shaped, 22
*Trigger for Belgian 11mm pinfire
I have been looking for some of these for a long time. If any body says try GPC or any other parts houses, I'll' scream.
jhuguenin@aol.com

Last edited by BaldEagle17; 02-16-2012 at 06:16 PM. Reason: didn't finish

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-17-2012, 09:16 PM   #2

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

http://www.jackfirstgun.com ?

Old 02-17-2012, 11:03 PM   #3

Liked 743 Times on 473 Posts
Likes Given: 232

OK you know you are unlikely to find them but the hammer and trigger should be fairly easy to make(I have before). The spring would be trouble. I hate making flat springs with with two leaves( I have trouble tempering them).

Just walking on the edge of of my grave.

Old 02-20-2012, 03:45 PM   #4

Default To HiWall, Parts

Thanks for your note. I know I can make the trigger guard, especially since I have a broken one. The original side lever for the crackshot is there but most of the extension is broken off but it is still useable. The ideal solution would be to microweld a new extension piece on to it. I have had access to microwelding in the past but not at present. The "y" main spring can probably altered to a two spring arrangement. I believe that at least some of the hammerless had this arrangement. The hammer on the DA/SA SAA look alike is a tough one. I actually have a hammer that I am trying to make fit, but it isn't even close. Even if I get it, it would still not quite look right. I see a lot of these Alamo Rangers for sale, so some one must have a "parts gun" around. The Belgian pinfire hammer-trigger arrangement has got me going a bit crazy. I have to dig out some other pinfires of mine and examine their hammer-triggers, as I feel I am missing something.

My hope for this forum is to find like minded individuals. I have collected parts for many decades, mostly for 19 century cartridge firearms. For years I bought all the parts lots I could find on E-bay, in shows, and from gunsmiths that did not want to inventory old parts that they were not likely to need (many came to me later for old parts). I have a lot of parts to trade. I have no interest in selling any parts but hope trading would lossen up some needed parts for me.
Regards, Bald Eagle (TED)

Old 05-09-2012, 02:06 PM   #5

Liked 24 Times on 16 Posts

I have had some pretty good luck finding parts that are close enough to modify to work. My Ballester Molina needed a sear bar, through plenty of research on the internet I found out that one from a Star PD would work with a little tweaking. I now use that gun for ccw.

Old 05-09-2012, 02:21 PM   #6
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2917 Times on 1718 Posts

This any help?
http://www.gunpartscorp.com/catalog/Products.aspx?catid=13866
If not feel free to scream. I can't hear you. Lol

I don't need No stinking signature.

Old 05-11-2012, 06:16 AM   #7

i dont know about the parts you need and not to derail the thread but if you come across a bolt assembly for a stevens model 58 . . . i would greatly appreciate a link to the site

Old 05-11-2012, 12:35 PM   #8
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2917 Times on 1718 Posts

http://www.gunpartscorp.com/catalog/Products.aspx?catid=711

I don't need No stinking signature.

Old 05-12-2012, 11:39 PM   #9

Default need hammer!

I have a Belgian (marked Brevette) pinfire pistol....bore measures approx. 11mm. It is missing the hammer. Any ideas? I am an amateur smith....but I am not a machinist. I think the pistol is too good to part out; however; I would consider selling it. Any suggestions.

Regards

Ken

Old 05-13-2012, 05:53 PM   #10

Liked 24 Times on 16 Posts

Google is our friend. I will try several searches with different words. It two me two weeks to find out that a Star PD sear bar could be made to work in my Ballester Molina.