Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Gunsmithing Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f33/)
-   -   My home made Sniper Project. (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f33/my-home-made-sniper-project-60431/)

M1911VS44 03-17-2012 09:09 AM

My home made Sniper Project.

1 Attachment(s)
I think the project shall take a month or so.I have most parts like the stock,spring,etc.I have no received the mag feeder or the mag it's self.(Excuse my terms still sort of learning English...Russian)I am going to try and make the Barrett .50.I am allowed sense I have my military gun permanent and my history of of using the fire arm in Iraq.

jcg2439 03-19-2012 11:40 PM

gonna be sweet hope it works out

whyme 08-04-2012 07:06 PM

You have any updates?

dog2000tj 08-04-2012 07:38 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by jcg2439 (Post 745501)
gonna be sweet hope it works out

Quote:

Originally Posted by whyme (Post 892778)
You have any updates?

you guys can't be serious? :(

St8LineGunsmith 08-04-2012 11:18 PM

I have the drawings to build one of those
I have been thinking about enrolling in a machine shop class so I can have access to build a few rifles and a couple of cap and ball revolvers.
I have the necessiary experience to operate a mill and lathe I just dont have access to the machinery.
I will be watching this thread for sure!

dog2000tj 08-04-2012 11:33 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by St8LineGunsmith (Post 893016)
I have the drawings to build one of those
I have been thinking about enrolling in a machine shop class so I can have access to build a few rifles and a couple of cap and ball revolvers.
I have the necessiary experience to operate a mill and lathe I just dont have access to the machinery.
I will be watching this thread for sure!

.......... :(

St8LineGunsmith 08-04-2012 11:54 PM

you care to elaborate a little more or are you the one trolling?

dog2000tj 08-04-2012 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by M1911VS44 (Post 743050)
I think the project shall take a month or so.I have most parts like the stock,spring,etc.I have no received the mag feeder or the mag it's self.(Excuse my terms still sort of learning English...Russian)I am going to try and make the Barrett .50. I am allowed sense I have my military gun permanent and my history of of using the fire arm in Iraq.

Quote:

Originally Posted by St8LineGunsmith (Post 893044)

That little bit of info seem legit to you? :confused: and the OP hasn't been back since posting this little bit of fantasy :eek: Might want to pay attention to the details a little before you start calling others a troll ;)

Dillinger 08-05-2012 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by St8LineGunsmith (Post 893044)

Dog's been a member here for a long time, so I can definitely say he isn't trolling.

I think his points is/are:
1) The .50 Barrett is a common "sniper" weapon that is popular with the gaming community. It is, however, not the most efficient platform in this category.
2) The OP is Russian (allegedly) with admitted limited skills in English. Despite this, he claims usage of the weapon in Iraq. ERGO - Did the Russians have a role in this Iraq war? Did this OP serve with US troops, in which case his grasp of the written US language is suspect. Ad-hoc repeats...
3) The OP makes ZERO mention of any of the important components of the damn platform. The "mag feeder or the mag it's self" are essentially the same thing and completely irrelevant to the mechanics of the system. I would be more concerned about obtaining a Barrett receiver, bolt group and .50 cal rated barrel. :roll eyes:

Then again I could be completely off the deep end and just looking at this from a "if I were to build one" mindset. :roll eyes:

JD

St8LineGunsmith 08-05-2012 01:29 AM

Ok I didnt bother to look at the date of the OP
I have not been here very long but I do know without a doubt that building this rifle is doable if you have access to a lathe and mill.
Just sayin

please accept my apology