Firearm & Gun Forum -

Firearm & Gun Forum - (
-   Gunsmithing Forum (
-   -   my bushmaster..please help (

gottagamble 10-19-2007 01:31 AM

my bushmaster..please help
I just bought a Bushmaster XM15 A2 rifle. I also bought a 6 position telesoping stock. Is this compatable? Can I take the solid butt stock of this rifle and replace it with the telescoping one? Lord, I hope I can. Any info would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Tilt 10-19-2007 07:58 AM

Yes, it should fit. Most AR style stocks will fit just about any AR variant

robocop10mm 10-19-2007 01:14 PM

Why? You want to put a collapsable stock on a 20" barrelled rifle? I have seen a few and found them to be goofy to look at and totally unbalanced. If the A-2 stock is too long for you, go with the A-1 length stock.

Dgunsmith 10-19-2007 02:52 PM

It will fit BUT to function, you need to change the spring and buffer to CAR style.

Put the old spring & buffer in the original stock in case you want to go back.

For shooting with optics @ 100 yards or more an A1 or A2 stock is much more functional.

Bidah 10-20-2007 02:31 AM

You know, I found when I was in 'stan that the Canadians were doing just this. at first I thought "how weird", but I could see where it made sense. It did overall shorten up the rifle.. so when I got home I decked mine out like that just to see how it works. Not too shabby.

stevemargraves 02-05-2008 01:00 AM

6- position telescope stock-
I installed the 6-position stock on my AR and love it! It makes the weapon very versital by being able to shorten it or fully extend it. Only use a good quality unit, not a cheap one as I have heard they can collapse upon firing.