Well if I put my mind to it I'm pretty good with my hands. I consider my self a master carpenter so I'm not unfamiliar with tools. So I decided to take a SA GI and add a few parts to it. I don't have all the tools to finish it like cut the slide for sights so I will have to send it off and get that done. But other things I figured I could tackle.
This project is far from done but is getting a whole lot closer. Still need a little blending and some more polishing then sights and I will call it good for know.
What I started with.
The first thing I did was to install a bobtail. Not great but since the frame is cut I will have to live with it. Still need some blending here.
Next I got a Smith and Alexander .220 radius Beavertail grip safety and the jig. Grinding metal off of a gun will make your butt pucker I assure you. Almost done with this know. Still need a little blending here also.
Next I installed an extended Wilson thumb safety.
The way it looks so far. I need to break it all down and finish polishing it.
Last edited by limbkiller; 10-27-2013 at 04:30 PM.