Model 335 stuck
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gunsmithing & Do-It-Yourself Projects > Gunsmithing Forum > Model 335 stuck

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-02-2013, 04:56 PM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 460 Times on 254 Posts
Likes Given: 919

Default Model 335 stuck

Okay guys, i'm sorry to be such a bother, but I need some help once again. I took off the stock, took the action and everything apart, filed down the firing pin similar to how the other one is. The problem is putting it back together. I've got the hammers in place along with the springs, and I also have the rest of the trigger mechanism (not sure on the exact name) on it. The problem is that I have locked the swivels on the front that would allow the forearm to attach, and I have locked the firing pins into the position they would be at after it has been shot. I see where the pieces should go, I just don't know how to fix it. Anyone have an idea? I'll link a picture below to try and point out some of the parts I was talking about.

One last thing, I don't know how descriptive I was (if I was at all) so if anything needs clarifying, please just let me know. Thanks again

img_0849.jpg  

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-02-2013, 09:19 PM   #2
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2979 Times on 1450 Posts
Likes Given: 1505

Franklin,

This can happen! What you are going to have to do is put the receiver in a vise without damaging it. Attempt to go in from the back since you have the stock off and cock the hammers. The other way that I have done it is by using a block of wood to pry the extractor levers (the 2 on the front of the Receiver so they will cock the hammers. It is not easy they are very strong but work with it. You must get the hammers cocked in order to get the forend back on.
Hope that helps! Let us know if you need any additional help. And you are no bother! That is one of the reasons some of us are here for. To Help!

The Constitution is not an instrument for the Government to restrain the people. It is an instrument for the people to restrain the Government!
*Patrick Henry

Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

-- John F. Kennedy

axxe55 Likes This 
Old 07-02-2013, 10:27 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

I had another idea. What if I took out the hammers and attached the barrel and forearm first. Then put the hammers and springs back together and complete the assembly. Would that work?

Old 07-02-2013, 11:39 PM   #4
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 9919 Times on 4270 Posts
Likes Given: 1562

No. You will not be able to compress the springs enough to get them in.

As he said up there- put the action in a padded vise, and push them back to cocked. If your command of profanity is limited, take it to a gunsmith- will not be the first one he has seen.

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

Old 07-02-2013, 11:42 PM   #5
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2979 Times on 1450 Posts
Likes Given: 1505

. The Hammers once installed have a lot of spring tension when they are in the fired Position. But with them cocked that have much more and I do not think you will be able to get them reassembled due to the pressure. You might try it. But be cautious due to flying parts under the pressure! The first post is the only way I have been successful in the past.

The Constitution is not an instrument for the Government to restrain the people. It is an instrument for the people to restrain the Government!
*Patrick Henry

Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

-- John F. Kennedy

Franklin1995 Likes This 
Old 07-03-2013, 02:27 AM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

I took it to a smith earlier and he said it was a pain in the @$$ and he didn't want to do it. Well I'll give it a shot now.

Old 07-03-2013, 03:07 AM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Well I tried my idea first since I don't really have a nice vice, and it worked! It was actually fairly simple to do. Just had to compress the springs as normal and put it together, then use the barrel and forearm to break it and cock it, just like it normally does. Now all I have to do is take it to the range and hope that the firing pin still works haha. Thank you guys so much for helping me restore my great grand-dads shotgun over the last couple weeks.

img_0852.jpg   img_0853.jpg   img_0850.jpg