Firearm & Gun Forum -

Firearm & Gun Forum - (
-   Gunsmithing Forum (
-   -   maverick 88 fore-end (

seraphim87 08-08-2010 09:01 AM

maverick 88 fore-end
i just want to ask a simple question can i change the fore-end on a maverick 88 12 gauge 20 inch barrel 8 shot shotgun if so how do i change it? and what do i need to not mess up my gun

jeepcreep927 08-08-2010 09:51 AM

Yes you can swap it out.

Field strip the shotgun and remove the forend and action bar assembly. There should be a nut inside the front of the forend that secures the fore grip portion to the cylindrical portion/ action bar that slides over the mag tube. You will see two "notches" in the face of this nut, opposite each other. You can buy or fashion a tool to engage these two notches. Simply unscrew the nut, slide the fore grip off. The nut has very fine threads.

danf_fl 08-08-2010 09:52 AM

We ask new people to go to "Introductions" section for their first post.

Do you have any pics?

stalkingbear 08-08-2010 05:44 PM

Be VERY careful not to cross thread the forend nut on the tube. You'll need a forend nut wrench.

All times are GMT. The time now is 12:02 PM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.