Mauser auctions - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gunsmithing & Do-It-Yourself Projects > Gunsmithing Forum > Mauser auctions

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2012, 09:32 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Atlanta, Ga. North to Chattanooga,Tn.,Georgia
Posts: 213
Liked 12 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Default

This is one I built with the help of Quality Plating of Nashville. This looks better than any of those high price one's on gunbroker and it has some good stuff at 100 yards. I have about $400.00 in labor and $290.00 in parts. I already had the gun but the stock got stepped on by a horse.

8mm-mauser-007.jpg   8mm-mauser-008.jpg  
__________________
barneygoogle is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 09:37 PM   #12
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
kytowboater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 7,000
Liked 2391 Times on 1488 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by barneygoogle
This is one I built with the help of Quality Plating of Nashville. This looks better than any of those high price one's on gunbroker and it has some good stuff at 100 yards. I have about $400.00 in labor and $290.00 in parts. I already had the gun but the stock got stepped on by a horse.
That's beautiful.
__________________

Oh dern....


Revelation 19:11

And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

kytowboater is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 09:37 PM   #13
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
mountainman13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 11,525
Liked 2917 Times on 1718 Posts

Default

Very nice !

__________________

I don't need No stinking signature.

mountainman13 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 09:56 PM   #14
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
m72law's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: NC
Posts: 1,316
Liked 143 Times on 83 Posts
Likes Given: 766

Default

AIMsurplus has remington 1903a3/smith corona a3s receiver & bolts for 129.95...pretty good price for a starter build

__________________
m72law is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 10:03 PM   #15
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
mountainman13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 11,525
Liked 2917 Times on 1718 Posts

Default

Good input thanks. Just wish they had receiver/barrel

__________________

I don't need No stinking signature.

mountainman13 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 10:23 PM   #16
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
m72law's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: NC
Posts: 1,316
Liked 143 Times on 83 Posts
Likes Given: 766

Default

i have a yugo m48 receiver & matching bolt/barrel.(paid 75bucks for the rifle 3 years ago)...it was an all matching rifle,metal parts,stock,ect...but i flucked up and put it in a gheyazz ATI stock,sold the org. stock & all metal parts on evilbay a couple years back..i want to have the barrel pulled & being i have a few extra bmg 1919 (7.62x51) barrels.these barrels are what i would call ''super bull barrels" i would like to have it installed in the yugo....so im in the the same boat as you are Texwood... anyone know how much a basic barrel take off,barrel cut to fit recevier/action,rechambered,recrown would run?...sorry for the thread hijack Tex

__________________
m72law is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 11:26 PM   #17
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
losack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Oklahoma City,Oklahoma
Posts: 96
Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Default

I've built 3. All were complete.

I've done one Yugo 48 made a great 6.5x55, one 98 in .308, and one 98 that had a great bore into an 8mm/06. I got lucky and one of my actions came from the Belgium factory. I could make it a magnum easily.

I'm constantly changing them or thinking about changing them.

__________________
losack is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 02:10 AM   #18
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Reno,Texas
Posts: 10,211
Liked 6573 Times on 3638 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by barneygoogle View Post
This is one I built with the help of Quality Plating of Nashville. This looks better than any of those high price one's on gunbroker and it has some good stuff at 100 yards. I have about $400.00 in labor and $290.00 in parts. I already had the gun but the stock got stepped on by a horse.
That's a beautiful rifle. It turned out fantastic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by m72law View Post
AIMsurplus has remington 1903a3/smith corona a3s receiver & bolts for 129.95...pretty good price for a starter build
Sweet! I may go with the Springfield receiver instead. Their basically the same as the Mausers as far as quality and function go aren't they? Plus, I was going to replace the barrel, and possibly the trigger anyways, so that saves me a little money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by m72law View Post
i have a yugo m48 receiver & matching bolt/barrel.(paid 75bucks for the rifle 3 years ago)...it was an all matching rifle,metal parts,stock,ect...but i flucked up and put it in a gheyazz ATI stock,sold the org. stock & all metal parts on evilbay a couple years back..i want to have the barrel pulled & being i have a few extra bmg 1919 (7.62x51) barrels.these barrels are what i would call ''super bull barrels" i would like to have it installed in the yugo....so im in the the same boat as you are Texwood... anyone know how much a basic barrel take off,barrel cut to fit recevier/action,rechambered,recrown would run?...sorry for the thread hijack Tex
I'd like to see that. That would be awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by losack View Post
I've built 3. All were complete.

I've done one Yugo 48 made a great 6.5x55, one 98 in .308, and one 98 that had a great bore into an 8mm/06. I got lucky and one of my actions came from the Belgium factory. I could make it a magnum easily.

I'm constantly changing them or thinking about changing them.
Sweet. How much do projects like that usually run you?
__________________
texaswoodworker is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 02:28 AM   #19
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: fordland,missouri
Posts: 11,099
Liked 862 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default

I pay bout 300 for mine straight from Frankfurt. That's after a BIG shop discount though aaron

God didnt make all men equal colonel Sam Colt did

__________________
Marlinman is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 02:36 AM   #20
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 28,735
Liked 21723 Times on 12313 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker View Post
When I start it, I'll be sure to start a thread for it.

Holy cow!!! Have you guys seen the price of a custom Mauser in .22-250?

http://www.gunsamerica.com/910910743/Guns/Rifles/Custom-Rifles/Bolt-Action/Custom_Mauser_22_250_Wallack_and_Holmes.htm

I wouldn't mind having that scope. I think it looks cool.
people source their Mauser actions from many sources. some scavenge old military rifles or Bubbafied backyard gunsmithed sporters. some source them new from several suppliers, but these are usually the most expensive sources to buy one from.

the nice thing if you plan on rebarreling, is the range of options in caliber selection. myself, if going the route of rebarreling an action and building a custom rifle from the ground up, i would go with a less common caliber than what was available commercially. that's just my thoughts.

yes pretty nice looking rifle. i bet that scope is worth more than the asking price though! those scopes were the prefered brand of the military and LE for many years a long time ago.
__________________
Axxe55 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Gun auctions or classified ads??? blazinsun69 General Rifle Discussion 7 06-21-2011 07:03 PM
Does anyone know of any good firearm auctions gunsgunsgunsguns General Rifle Discussion 6 08-04-2009 06:47 AM
Pet Peeve: descriptions in online firearms auctions Musket The Club House 9 12-21-2008 03:11 AM