Marlin 99M1 Action Assembly Help
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gunsmithing & Do-It-Yourself Projects > Gunsmithing Forum > Marlin 99M1 Action Assembly Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-28-2010, 06:57 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Marlin 99M1 Action Assembly Help

I needed to replace the buffer on my Marlin 99M1 and realized that I had to take the action apart to get the old crumbled buffer off of the pin. When I did that I had a few parts jump out at me and now I need some help getting them back where they belong!

I have checked the schematic for names, but it isn't any help regarding how the parts actually fit together.

action.jpg
This is the action

topaction.jpg
This is the action from the top, you can see the hammer (forked looking thing)

spring_hammerstrutbridge.jpg
This is the part I need some help with- I have a hammer strut bridge (separate piece) that looks like it goes on the end of the hammer strut to hold the hammer spring in place. I just don't know how that in turn fits into the rest of the assembly. I can tell the spring is responsible for providing tension for the hammer, so it has to attach somehow and put pressure on that spring..

Here is a link to the schematic I have been looking at:
http://stevespages.com/ipb-marlin-99-75.html

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-28-2010, 07:20 PM   #2
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3443 Times on 1971 Posts
Likes Given: 1497

Are you missing a pin that goes through the hammer strut/spring assembly?

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)

Old 08-28-2010, 07:27 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by danf_fl View Post
Are you missing a pin that goes through the hammer strut/spring assembly?
I don't believe so. I can't find one on the diagram, nor can I find one on the floor. There is a hammer strut pin listed, but it looks like that one is for going through on the hammer end.

Old 08-28-2010, 08:07 PM   #4

Well, I think I got it. I had to apply some mean pressure to that spring, but I managed to get it compressed enough to fit the hammer strut bridge into the hole that was closest. I think I have it put together right. I (cringe) dry fired it to make sure, and it seemed to click like normal.

Old 08-30-2010, 02:16 PM   #5

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Take the pressur off the hammer strut by diconecting the hammer from the sear let the hammer come up all of the way and the hammer strutkeeper should go right on and one end goes through the hole in the side plate and the other through the other hole in the side plate not shown.
F.K.