Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gunsmithing & Do-It-Yourself Projects > Gunsmithing Forum > Marlin 30/30 Deluxe Trigger.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-28-2011, 04:16 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Marlin 30/30 Deluxe Trigger.

The trigger on my Marlin Deluxe is loose. It rattles quite a bit. Is there anything I should be worried about as far as the performance of the weapon untill I can get it repaired? Would it be dangerous to keep using it untill its fixed? Any input is thanked.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-28-2011, 04:23 PM   #2

Liked 10 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 3

The trigger should not rattle on your Marlin. It's possible the trigger or spring is broke. I'd not shoot it until fixed because you might have a ad/nd (accidental discharge/negligent discharge).

Sometimes you earthlings REALLY amaze me!

Old 08-28-2011, 04:36 PM   #3
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2195 Times on 1097 Posts
Likes Given: 1123

PBB,

I agree with Stalkingbear!
I have never seen a loose Marlin Trigger! You have a serious problem that probably is an easy fix. Get it to an armorer or send her in. Best be safe than sorry!

Old 08-28-2011, 05:31 PM   #4

Thanks, guys.

Old 08-28-2011, 05:33 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by stalkingbear
The trigger should not rattle on your Marlin. It's possible the trigger or spring is broke. I'd not shoot it until fixed because you might have a ad/nd (accidental discharge/negligent discharge).
It cocks and the hammer is responsive to the trigger but I guess you're right. I don't want to have the thing blow up in my face or permanently destroy my weapon.

Old 08-28-2011, 05:53 PM   #6

Liked 9 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowderBurnBassist View Post
It cocks and the hammer is responsive to the trigger but I guess you're right. I don't want to have the thing blow up in my face or permanently destroy my weapon.
doubt that happening but any thing ahead of the front sight could be in for a world of hurt.

the north had us outnumbered and outgunned but we had them outmanned .......................................... join the NRA

Old 08-28-2011, 09:08 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonpie

doubt that happening but any thing ahead of the front sight could be in for a world of hurt.
Yes, sir. Not a good thing.

Old 10-02-2011, 02:09 AM   #8

Mine is the same way it rattles all over the place I never gave it much thought, mine is about 5 years old and I have put hundereds of rounds through it. I carry it in the woods every season never had a problem guess I should give marlin a call.