Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Gunsmithing Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f33/)
-   -   M1A Standard bayonet legality? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f33/m1a-standard-bayonet-legality-92814/)

308Wins 06-24-2013 04:35 PM

I'm not sure which category this should go in, my apologies!
So I'm at a gun show yesterday, some nice stuff in there, but I didn't really see anything "for me". Then, bam-ba-dam... There's a bayonet marked to be for the M1A, so I went ahead and bought it! Couldn't help myself =).
Now, to the question I've been wondering, is it legal to put a flash suppressor with a bayonet lug on it? And if not (god I hope not), can anyone give me instructions on how I slap it on?
I still want to learn if its legal to have one in Florida before I put it on

SSGN_Doc 06-24-2013 04:41 PM

You're ok to do it in the gunshine state of Florida. They have no "Assault weapon" ban there.

308Wins 06-24-2013 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SSGN_Doc
You're ok to do it in the gunshine state of Florida. They have no "Assault weapon" ban there.

I don't suppose you got a shiny little link to show me? I do like me a tasty link every now and again.
And also, what would be a decent place to get one?

danf_fl 06-24-2013 06:22 PM

Take a look at Chapter 790 area:
http://www.leg.state.fl.us/Welcome/index.cfm?CFID=299522567&CFTOKEN=89821457

308Wins 06-24-2013 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danf_fl

I read the labeled titles of all the sub-sections, and read a few of the actual sub-sections themselves. Nothing about flash suppressers in general, I'm a happy camper

308Wins 06-24-2013 06:50 PM

Quote:

I just like to double check everything before I do it. Usually...

SSGN_Doc 06-24-2013 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 308Wins (Post 1285571)
I just like to double check everything before I do it. Usually...

No worries. It's always the safest bet. I just moved from the Florida/Georgia border. Lots of friends in both states who are gun enthusiasts. Did a lot of shooting in both states. Enjoyed the ability to outfit my ARs any way I saw fit with regard to flash hiders, lugs, grips, stocks, and even bayonets. I never put a bayonet on my M1A though. Too worried I'd end up causing problems with the match barrel.

308Wins 06-24-2013 09:37 PM

Quote:

No worries. It's always the safest bet. I just moved from the Florida/Georgia border. Lots of friends in both states who are gun enthusiasts. Did a lot of shooting in both states. Enjoyed the ability to outfit my ARs any way I saw fit with regard to flash hiders, lugs, grips, stocks, and even bayonets. I never put a bayonet on my M1A though. Too worried I'd end up causing problems with the match barrel.

Got a Standard. I'd have to replace to flash suppresser with a Match flash suppresser, would those be interchangeable you think? That's all I've seen for sale so far, haven't looked far though. I'm eager to slap this sucker on!

Fisherking 07-04-2013 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 308Wins (Post 1285487)

I don't suppose you got a shiny little link to show me? I do like me a tasty link every now and again.
And also, what would be a decent place to get one?

Brownells I a great source for gun parts and gun smith suplies

HM2Grunt 02-05-2015 12:24 PM

don't understand this concern of the government about bayonet lugs. I would assume, and this is just me, that making the act of bayoneting a person, is what they should probably be more concerned with, and leave collectors the right to collect things according to original designs, in spite of what that section of the populace that is so scared of appearances thinks. My 1842 Harper's Ferry has a bayonet lug, and I would not like to have it ground off on the whim of a non-elected bureaucrat.