Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gunsmithing & Do-It-Yourself Projects > Gunsmithing Forum > Lubricants with Teflon - Good or Bad?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2012, 10:14 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Lubricants with Teflon - Good or Bad?

I just picked up a FNP-357 today, and I noticed the manual indicates no lubes containing Teflon should be used. Is there a specific reason why Teflon would be bad for a semi-auto handgun, or the FNP in particular?
I've gotten somewhat partial to Rem Dri-Lube (containing Teflon), but I can always go back to straight RemOil.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-01-2012, 12:45 AM   #2

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Second time I've heard that one. Can't for the life of me understand why.

I use TW when I need grease and clp for things that need oil.

Old 02-01-2012, 02:45 AM   #3

Liked 860 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by kilo7
I just picked up a FNP-357 today, and I noticed the manual indicates no lubes containing Teflon should be used. Is there a specific reason why Teflon would be bad for a semi-auto handgun, or the FNP in particular?
I've gotten somewhat partial to Rem Dri-Lube (containing Teflon), but I can always go back to straight RemOil.
Its bc the teflon gets really gummy in semi cold conditions

God didnt make all men equal colonel Sam Colt did