Looking for a Dremel - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gunsmithing & Do-It-Yourself Projects > Gunsmithing Forum > Looking for a Dremel

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2012, 01:46 PM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1972 Times on 1087 Posts
Likes Given: 1308

I have a vriable speed off brand that I got a harbor freight. I have used it for many things. I even have a router table and router bits for it. I made a bunch or really cool clocks one year as Christmas gifts. I have also used it to cut a barrel on a rifle. Turned out real nice too.

Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.

Old 12-07-2012, 01:47 PM   #32

Liked 1133 Times on 737 Posts
Likes Given: 2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaitsev44 View Post
Is the one from harbor freight able to grind metal, an other gunsmithing stuff? I have a harbor freight down the road from me, thinking about going there sometime soon
I would say yes , best thing about harbor freight is try it out a couple days and if you dont like it take it back , especially since they are right down the road from you

Old 12-07-2012, 01:53 PM   #33

Liked 159 Times on 96 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaitsev44
Is the one from harbor freight able to grind metal, an other gunsmithing stuff? I have a harbor freight down the road from me, thinking about going there sometime soon
Yes, Harbor Freights Dremel clones or any rotaries can handle light grinding jobs. Do yourself a favor and visit Harbor Freight!!!!!! Be sure you leave enough time browse, I've yet to go into there without coming out with something (usually with a tool I didn't know I needed ;-)). Last time it was a watch case opener, for $6 (never thought about buying one of those before). Tools are super cheap, and unless you need a professional quality tool, they get the job done, especially for this shadetree mechanic. They have a large selection of a bit of everything, enjoy.

Pic is what Harbor Freight carries in rotaries.
80-piece rotary kit for $8.99, can't argue with that...
image-4237225241.jpg  

The United States Constitution © 1791. All Rights Reserved

Last edited by MoreAltitude; 12-07-2012 at 02:09 PM.