Looking for a butt plate for a old shotgun
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gunsmithing & Do-It-Yourself Projects > Gunsmithing Forum > Looking for a butt plate for a old shotgun

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-16-2009, 12:06 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Looking for a butt plate for a old shotgun

I have a Western Arms 12 gage double barrel shotgun I got from my father in law when he pasted away last year. I refinished the stock and cleaned up the metal so it looks nice with the exception of the butt plate which fell apart on me. Right now I have a old one someone gave me but it doesn't fit and I probably need to buy something that I can fit to the contour. Does anyone have a good source for this? The gun is not worth a lot so I want to keep cost to a minimum. The one that came with the gun was only about 1/4" thick and a bakalite type material. Any leads would be apprecited.

Thanks

Vendor www.richards-guns.com

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-16-2009, 11:30 AM   #2

Liked 36 Times on 33 Posts
Likes Given: 17

Try Numrich Arms up in New York.

Old 08-16-2009, 08:07 PM   #3

Liked 86 Times on 58 Posts
Likes Given: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by W. C. Quantrill View Post
Try Numrich Arms up in New York.
Yeah, they've got a bunch of butt plates.

Old 08-18-2009, 11:10 PM   #4

Liked 36 Times on 33 Posts
Likes Given: 17

Also, go to Brownells website and contact them with your information, they may have one also. It may take them a couple of days to get back to you but they will answer you.

Old 08-19-2009, 05:54 PM   #5

Liked 36 Times on 30 Posts

buttler creek makes pads that come very close to fitted. measure your butt (The guns butt not yours) and see if they have one to fit it. A grind to fit is going to be a pain in the tuckes and cost more in jigs and equipment than 10 of the guns are worth.