just graduated - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gunsmithing & Do-It-Yourself Projects > Gunsmithing Forum > just graduated

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2013, 06:57 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

In my opinion I did not get the support from the one instructor. Why I don't know but the info that was received as school books helped me gain more than I already knew so beyond the help it was ok for me. The cost could have been cheaper for the material a few quick videos along with that you viewed online. No real talk with other students either. But that could have been me. Lucy enough for me that I've been in contact with firearms for some time via hunting and rec shooting and a archer so I could follow their info. Hope any and all of that jibber jab helped

Old 02-18-2013, 12:38 PM   #22

Thanks for your info. I did receive one shipment of materials before I cancelled and I have to admit that Penn's course material was way better in the way it was presented and printed versus what I am getting with Modern Gun School. Theirs is a bunch of copied pages sent two, three or four chapters, the other thing I hate about the way they are sending the material is they will cover a typic a little say in chapters 3 & 6, then resume more of the typic in chapters 12 & 13. Just cover the course material in one long chapter and move on.
If I have not had any experience before this I would not recommend them period.
Hope this helps.

Old 02-20-2013, 02:03 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by potentialglock View Post
So I just finished my gunsmithing certification. My immediate question is what do I do know? I'm going to contact a couple of gunsmiths in the area and see if I can apprentice under them. But do I need any licensing other than my certification to perform gunsmithing work?
Once you branch out on your own and before you can charge for services preformed on customer firearms will be required to have your class 7 FFL. This is what I have per our ATF interview before we received ours, I also got a class 6 so we can manufacture and sell ammo.
Hope this helps

Old 02-26-2013, 02:36 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fringe10 View Post
In my opinion I did not get the support from the one instructor. Why I don't know but the info that was received as school books helped me gain more than I already knew so beyond the help it was ok for me. The cost could have been cheaper for the material a few quick videos along with that you viewed online. No real talk with other students either. But that could have been me. Lucy enough for me that I've been in contact with firearms for some time via hunting and rec shooting and a archer so I could follow their info. Hope any and all of that jibber jab helped
Just wanted to pass on I just talked to one of the student advisors at Penn Foster and she told me they have updated a few things in the last few months. One being they started a community forum for the students, and there are videos available for nonline viewing. There are few more questions I need answered before I decide if I will switch to them over Mondern Gun School, but as screwed up as they are I am really starting to like Penn more and more.