Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gunsmithing & Do-It-Yourself Projects > Gunsmithing Forum > Iver johnson pony extraction

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-29-2013, 04:24 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedNeck View Post
Im pretty sure its something with the extractor or chamber. The slide does go all the way back the the round stays half way in the chamber on stuck on the breech face half way ejected
For what it's worth I have one of these and it does the exact same thing. I've broken it down several times, oiled it each time, but every other magazine load almost always stovepipes o e or two. Shooting brass from several manufactures doesn't seem to make a difference. Slide is smooth and springs feel good. I asked my dad about it(original owner) and he said it did this from day one. As it was a gift for my mom who prefers a revolver it was left as-is for several years. When it works it is fun to shoot and like like to get it fixed up for my girlfriend. If you come across a solution I'd love to hear about it!

Old 06-06-2013, 08:09 PM   #12

Liked 20 Times on 18 Posts

polish the hell out of the chamber. do fired cases have bulges or marks on their sides, or gouges on the rims?

Old 06-07-2013, 05:24 PM   #13

Thanks for the response. I've never noticed any markings on the cases. I'm taking it to the range this weekend and will pay closer attention. After my original post I took another look at it and the chamber/feeder don't look very smooth at all. I think you might be onto something with the polishing suggestion. I'll post my findings next week after I've put a few dozen rounds through it.

Old 06-07-2013, 07:19 PM   #14
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2615 Times on 1523 Posts
Likes Given: 1163

Timman, stop by the "Introductions" area next time you sign in and say "Hi".

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT

Old 06-19-2013, 11:23 AM   #15

Hi guys! Sorry its been a while since my last post. Haven't made it to the range yet. Didn't realize I was out of ammo and damn those rounds are hard to find these days. Finally found some on gunbot.net that was "reasonable". Unfortunately made in Mexico... But at this point I suppose I have to take what I can get.

Old 08-26-2013, 07:40 PM   #16

Quick update: July 4th I planned to take this thing out and see how it was running. However, the night before I broke it down pretty far to inspect and clean. Unfortunately I went a little bit beyond my abilities. Now I have a bent sear pin and some pretty scary hammer follow. At this point I am planning to take it in for professional repair.