Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gunsmithing & Do-It-Yourself Projects > Gunsmithing Forum > Installing new sights

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2012, 11:49 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 13 Times on 11 Posts

Default Installing new sights

I was wandering about installing new sights. If you have done it yourself or u send it to the manufacturer. I have a glock27 and an xd45. I have heard horror stories of ppl trying to do it themselves and messing their gun up.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-10-2012, 12:30 AM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 4

I have no help for the XD, but I installed a set of night sights on a G33 a dozen years or so back.
It was pretty straight forward but (like almost ANY job) you do need the right tools. The front blade was/is held in place by a small hex head screw. You can likely buy a nutdriver to fit it; I made one from a metric socket head screw (4mm or 5mm socket, I forget which... ) threaded into a piece of hex aluminum. If you have access to a lathe, it's a pretty easy job.
The rear sight can be pressed out or tapped out with a pin punch & a small hammer.