Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Gunsmithing Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f33/)
-   -   Im back. (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f33/im-back-52924/)

GunNovice1 12-02-2011 09:18 PM

Im back.

Hey guys. So ive established that i want to go the Coast Guard. However i need to find a way to go to the Coast Guard for tuition while still being able to go to college AND the Coast Guard at the same time. Now theres the option of going to do part time but theyll only pay 4,500 of tuition a year. Unfortunately i need 16,000... So part time is out of the question. Any suggestions???

HOSSFLY 12-02-2011 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GunNovice1 (Post 641997)
Hey guys. So ive established that i want to go the Coast Guard. However i need to find a way to go to the Coast Guard for tuition while still being able to go to college AND the Coast Guard at the same time. Now theres the option of going to do part time but theyll only pay 4,500 of tuition a year. Unfortunately i need 16,000... So part time is out of the question. Any suggestions???

Sell your guns?
I have NO idea what your asking :confused:

Sniper75 12-02-2011 10:18 PM

Yes they will pay up to 4500 a year for tuition if you need more after that then youll have to use your GI bill

Sarge22 12-02-2011 11:08 PM

Check out American Public University and University of MD University College. Both are extremely military friendly. Also don't forget Pell Grant. You can still get it while active duty. Hope this helps.

JTJ 12-03-2011 12:26 AM

Have you looked into the Coast Guard or Naval Academy? If you have the grades, are physically fit, there is a possibility. Also check with your state senator and congressman.
Admissions - United States Coast Guard Academy

GunNovice1 12-03-2011 06:28 PM

Thanks guys. And sorry i wasnt very clear originally. I need to go to college right out no high school no matter what i do. I need to know if theres a way i can like have the Coast Guard pay my tuition, then ill go AFTER college?

GunNovice1 12-03-2011 06:30 PM

Sorry, correction, right out OF high school. My bad

HOSSFLY 12-03-2011 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GunNovice1 (Post 642543)
Sorry, correction, right out OF high school. My bad

Sorry I misunderstood :o
Good luck :cool:

trip286 12-03-2011 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GunNovice1
Thanks guys. And sorry i wasnt very clear originally. I need to go to college right out no high school no matter what i do. I need to know if theres a way i can like have the Coast Guard pay my tuition, then ill go AFTER college?

I'm currently going to school with some folks who are managing to have the Army NG pay for their schooling with almost no obligation from them. Several of them are able to avoid deployments, drill obligations, and in one case, even boot camp.

One of them explained to me that she is spending her entire 4 year contact in school, and if she's lucky she'll never even have to put on the uniform.

I told her what I think of that, and I wasn't too nice about it either.

There's nothing wrong with getting help from the military on paying for schooling, I have the issue with some of them just taking advantage of it and not even intending to give any service in return.

I'm not trying to imply that you would do such a thing, I'm just pointing out that yes, it can be done as you describe. But some people take it to extremes.

HOSSFLY 12-03-2011 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trip286 (Post 642648)
I'm currently going to school with some folks who are managing to have the Army NG pay for their schooling with almost no obligation from them. Several of them are able to avoid deployments, drill obligations, and in one case, even boot camp.

One of them explained to me that she is spending her entire 4 year contact in school, and if she's lucky she'll never even have to put on the uniform.

I told her what I think of that, and I wasn't too nice about it either.

There's nothing wrong with getting help from the military on paying for schooling, I have the issue with some of them just taking advantage of it and not even intending to give any service in return.

I'm not trying to imply that you would do such a thing, I'm just pointing out that yes, it can be done as you describe. But some people take it to extremes.

Just going to say I agree 100% :rolleyes: