how often do you..... - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gunsmithing & Do-It-Yourself Projects > Gunsmithing Forum > how often do you.....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2008, 08:20 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 9 Times on 3 Posts

After a full day of shooting I'm usually too tired to do a major cleaning, so I'll just run a snake down the barrels and go to the cleaning rods the next day.

9x18=Makarov

Old 07-11-2008, 07:10 PM   #12

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I clean my firearms after everytrip to the range.
Like RL357Mag said, there is No such thing as "over-kill" when taking care of your equipment! I know guys who never clean there guns and don't understand when they jam or fail.

Old 07-11-2008, 09:36 PM   #13

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samhain View Post
I clean my firearms after everytrip to the range.
Like RL357Mag said, there is No such thing as "over-kill" when taking care of your equipment! I know guys who never clean there guns and don't understand when they jam or fail.
That kinda reminds me of the people that never change their oil, or change the oil and not the filter - then they wonder why "that damn piece of sh$% is in the shop again!"
Pain is Weakness Leaving the Body - USMC
"Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum"

Old 07-12-2008, 07:58 AM   #14

No matter what gun I use I break the whole thing down and fully clean it as soon as I get back from shooting it.

Old 07-15-2008, 06:18 PM   #15

After eveery shoothing I do basic cleaning and then ATLEAT once a month I try to do a full cleaning

Old 07-16-2008, 04:26 AM   #16

Liked 6 Times on 3 Posts

I think I'm borderline obsessive-compulsive when it comes to cleaning all of my guns. I clean the hell out of them every time I shoot them. The only exception to this rule is my deer rifle. Right before the season opens, I'll take it out and make sure it's still hitting where I want. I clean it and then shoot it one more time. Periodically throughout the season I will do the clean it and shoot it thing, especially if I get caught out in the rain.

Old 07-17-2008, 02:22 PM   #17

Liked 36 Times on 30 Posts

I clean them when I get to them. It may be the same day may be next week or a month from now. I hate cleaning guns it is boring and monotonous and drives me out of my skull. Plus I can't clean in the house (In the AC) I have to clean out in the shed with no AC and bugs big ass bugs that kamakazy in to my head.

I feel that every time you run a patch down the barrel that is equal to one bullet. So if I shoot 50 shots and run 500 patches down the bore it is like shooting 550 rounds. I would rather shoot more and clean less. Kind of like exercising, your heart is only good for some many pumps so by running around all over the place keeping your heart rate high you are burning threw your limited ammount of pumps your heart will make. There for exercising will kill you faster than if you sit on your butt and do nothing.

Last edited by cpttango30; 07-17-2008 at 02:27 PM.

Old 07-19-2008, 02:50 PM   #18
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 9570 Times on 4118 Posts
Likes Given: 1499

Depends on what I am shooting. 22LR? Clean when the carbon starts to foul the action, or leak down onto my hand! (GRIN) But I also shoot 7.62 and 8mm CORROSIVE primed- clean immediately after shooting. Others in prep for storage, etc. Ref: patch= bullet, well, I clean from the breech- push a wet patch thru, and DO NOT pull it back thru. Jacketed bullets will leave metal fouling. I shoot a lot of soft lead wadcutter, and use a Lewis De-leader at least once a season. My auto pistols? Clean and lube after a shooting session. One exception is a Winchester Mdl 100- the gas system on that should never be put away dirty. Action gets pulled, weapon cleaned every session it gets fired. Go to the range, watch the benchrest shooters.