Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Gunsmithing Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f33/)
-   -   how to fix holes in barrel (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f33/how-fix-holes-barrel-44442/)

grete56 06-28-2011 11:57 AM

how to fix holes in barrel

1 Attachment(s)
pls how to fix these 3 holes drilled into a barrel ( look photo - barrel and chamber ) so the rifle would be safe to use again ?

cpttango30 06-28-2011 01:10 PM

You could fill them in but the firearm would still be UNUSABLE. Those are holes in the barrel and a barrel is a piece of specific steel or Stainless Steel that is precision machined to .0001" tolerances.

If the chamber is done as well there is no way to fix that either as the chamber supports an explosion.

Snakedriver 06-28-2011 01:22 PM

Sorry, that's one way of how they de-mil a gun so it can't be fired again. The only way to fix that is to have the piece re-barreled with a replacement part.

grete56 06-28-2011 01:53 PM

my equipment

there is no chance to replace whole barrel with new one

I have a short piece of semi-factured barrel, but I dont how to replace just that part with 3 holes

I can also make a strong steel bandage ( a tube around the drilled part of the barrel) and I also have a welder to fill these holes

Is it possible to cut the drilled part, replace it and fix it with a welder, than cover this part with a strong steel bandage and also fix the bandage with a welder ?

c3shooter 06-28-2011 02:02 PM

Nein ist es nicht sicher. Der Stahl ist wärme behandelt gewesen. Schweißen wird die Wärmebehandlung ändern.

It would not be safe. The steel has been heat treated. Welding will change the heat treatment.

Apologies for my poor German.

triggerman770 06-28-2011 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grete56 (Post 530753)
there is no chance to replace whole barrel with new one

I have a short piece of semi-factured barrel, but I dont how to replace just that part with 3 holes

I can also make a strong steel bandage ( a tube around the drilled part of the barrel) and I also have a welder to fill these holes

Is it possible to cut the drilled part, replace it and fix it with a welder, than cover this part with a strong steel bandage and also fix the bandage with a welder ?

doing the above will certainly result in injury or death of the shooter.
I don't know how to get the message accross any stonger. you are dealing with High pressure 50,000 psi and up. DON"T DO IT!!!!

danf_fl 06-29-2011 09:01 AM

Sicherheit!
Safety!
The only way to fix this is with another barrel.

stalkingbear 06-29-2011 03:43 PM

There's NO WAY you could safely repair that barrel. Get another barrel or use that firearm as a wallhanger.

pagj17 07-07-2011 06:31 AM

Also, Isn't a permit required to own Firearms in Germany? You might be risking a violation of the Firearms Laws of your Country.

spittinfire 07-07-2011 11:09 AM

I'll echo all of these guys....get a new barrel. There is no way to safely repair that.