help with lever lock
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gunsmithing & Do-It-Yourself Projects > Gunsmithing Forum > help with lever lock

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-13-2007, 05:35 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default help with lever lock

I bought me a WWG big loop lever and am contemplating installing it myself.

My question is about the locking device pinned in the lever that I have to transfer to the new lever. I don't know the tech term off the top of my head, but the spring loaded device at the top of the trigger guard, which locks the lever into place on the trigger as it is closed.

I have the proper punch. Can I just drive that pin out or will I have to put pressure on the lock at the same time as the pin is driven out?

I'm pretty mechanical but have never did this before so would appreciate any pointers on the best way to approach it. Or should I just let my smithy do it?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-16-2007, 11:29 PM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Nah, it's pretty simple. You can do it.
Best tip I can give you is to control the cross pins exit as much as you control pushing or punching it out. This will help keep pin and punch in contact, and spring and plunger won't go flying off into nowheresville, but can be retained until you remove punch.
Good luck!