help with glenfield model 30 30/30

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gunsmithing & Do-It-Yourself Projects > Gunsmithing Forum > help with glenfield model 30 30/30

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-28-2008, 05:42 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default help with glenfield model 30 30/30

GLENFIELD MODEL 30 30/30 LEVER ACTION(MARLIN)

i have this rifle it is awesome but i have one problem
i dissassembled it to inspect it all looks good but when i try to put the lever and hammer back in the lever wont lock and the trigger is blocked by the lever.
can anyone help me with this situation
greatly appreciated

toader

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-29-2008, 02:46 PM   #2

Likes Given: 1

WAS THIS A COMPLETE TEAR DOWN OR A FIELD STRIP? BY HAMMER DO YOU ACTUALLY MEAN BOLT OR DID YOU DISASSEMBLE THE TRIGGER GROUP? IF THIS IS A SIMPLE BREAK DOWN THEN YOU MUST ORIENT THE BOLT SO THAT IT REST HALFWAY IN THE EJECTION PORT, THEN INSERT THE LEVER VERTICALLY IN THE RECIEVER WHERE IT WILL MATE WITH THE RECESS IN THE BOLT, AND AFFIX THE LEVER SCREW. THEN IT WILL LOCKUP AND FUNCTION CORRECTLY. IF YOU DISASSEMBLED THE TRIGGER GROUP, WELL YOU'VE GOT A NICE PUZZLE TO PUT BACK TOGETHER. YOU CAN FIND A SCHEMATIC AT WWW.E-GUNPARTS.COM

"THE CONSTITUTION ONLY GIVES PEOPLE THE RIGHT TO PURSUE HAPPINESS, YOU HAVE TO CATCH IT YOURSELF." ~BENJAMIN FRANKLIN.

Old 09-29-2008, 09:17 PM   #3

Default Thanks

i will try it and see what happens

Old 10-01-2008, 01:37 AM   #4

Default Help!!!!!!!

WELL I TRIED TO ASSEMBLE IT AS EXPLAINED... STILL NO LUCK! I HAVE NEVER HAD A PROBLEM LIKE THIS BEFORE.
WHEN I ASSEMBLED THE RIFLE THE LEVER LOCKS IN PLACE BUT THE TRIGGER HITS THE LEVER AND IS UNABLE TO BE FIRED. I NEVER TOOK THE TRIGGER APART,JUST PULLED THE LOWER COVER CONTAINING THE TRIGGER GROUPING
AND THIS IS WHERE I'M AT.
ANY FURTHER ASSISTANCE??? STARTING TO GET FRUSTRATED AND DONT WANT TO DAMAGE THE RIFLE.

toader51

Old 10-01-2008, 02:34 AM   #5

Hey NYPD,

I am trying to rebuild a Marlin model 30 AS 30/30. I have done several marlins in the past but never this model. I cannot get the barrel out of the trigger group. It should just screw out correct? I have had it in a vise and I am just etching the barrel. Please advise.

Sholtis

Sholtis

Old 10-03-2008, 05:44 AM   #6

Likes Given: 1

The Barrel And Reciever Are Threaded So A Barrel Vise, Action Wrench, And Elbow Grease Should Do It.

"THE CONSTITUTION ONLY GIVES PEOPLE THE RIGHT TO PURSUE HAPPINESS, YOU HAVE TO CATCH IT YOURSELF." ~BENJAMIN FRANKLIN.