Half way

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gunsmithing & Do-It-Yourself Projects > Gunsmithing Forum > Half way

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-03-2011, 10:49 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Half way

I inherited this parts gun from a builder that passed away. I am having trouble finding the parts to finish it. There are no markings or stamps. The barrel I was told is a 45 cal barrel. A friend of mine that works for the police said it was close to being automatic, and possibly built with the idea in mind. I am not familiar with what would make this rifle an automatic. My intention is not to build an automatic rifle. I am not sure where to get parts to finish it semi-auto. I have not been able to find a kit or another rifle that resembles it or would possibly share parts with it. Thank you for reading my post, any advice would be greatly appreciated. I enjoy shooting at the range, but have no gun building experience.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-03-2011, 11:14 PM   #2
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3097 Times on 1780 Posts
Likes Given: 1320

That looks like something that would fit the lower of the 1911. Check the regs if you put one on.

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)

Old 10-04-2011, 12:34 AM   #3

You were right it is a 1911- Glock 21 Carbine conversion unit. Thank you sir!

Old 10-04-2011, 12:55 AM   #4
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3097 Times on 1780 Posts
Likes Given: 1320

Glad to help out.

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)

Old 10-04-2011, 01:02 AM   #5

My uncle actually owned it before he died, and a man came by and bought all his guns for rip off prices afterwards thru my aunt who knew nothing about guns. They left this piece because they had no idea what it was, and eventually my aunt gave it to my father who gave it to me. So I guess thru alot of people that considered it junk something better was found.

Old 10-04-2011, 01:07 AM   #6

So again thank you for all your help. God bless.