Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gunsmithing & Do-It-Yourself Projects > Gunsmithing Forum > H&K MP5 Sub-Machine Gun Test Quiz Questions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-02-2012, 06:22 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default H&K MP5 Sub-Machine Gun Test Quiz Questions

H&K MP5 Sub-Machine Gun Test Quiz Questions

I am semi-retired and I am taking a self-passed and self-taught Armorers course and now I am on the H&K MP5 Sub-Machine Guns I hope to become a part-time light Gunsmith in the future.

There are over 60 quiz questions covering this firearm and I have answered most of them but during my study and research I am having some problems related to some of the following quiz questions. Either I am not sure of the correct answer or I have conflicting answers.

Can you help me determine the correct answers for these few 6 quiz questions? Please correct my answers if I am wrong!

Thanks for your help.

Note #1. Are the components from the .40 S&W MPS interchangeable with the 9mm version of the MPS?
a) Yes
b) No

Note #2. The MPSs country of origin is ...
a) Germany
b) Italy
c) America
d) France

Note #3. What type of system does the MPS utilize?
a) long recoil
b) straight blowback
c) delayed blowback
d) none of the above

Note #4. The selector has three positions, what does the S, E and F represent? Choose the best answer from below.
a) S = Spray, E = End, F = Fire single shot
b) S = Semi Auto, E = Safe position, F = Full Auto
c) S = Sicher or Safe mode, E = EinzelJeuer or Semi Automatic, F = Feuerstoj5 or Fully Automatic
d) They represent Heckler and Koch's three sons, Sam, Edward and Fred.

Note #5. In the Three Round Burst mode, each time that the trigger is pulled and reset, the next time that you pull the trigger you will be able to fire another three round burst, even if you only fired two shots in the previous burst. True or false?
a) True
b) False

Note #6. What causes the hammer to fall on your second and third shot when the MP5 is selected to the three burst mode?
a) The tail on the lower rear portion of the hammer trips the sear when the hammer is recocked by the bolt, causing the hammer to fall.
b) The catch release lever is tripped by the bolt when the bolt returns forward, thus causing the hammer to fall.
c) The trigger bar is pushed down in the rear and up in the front when the bolt is in its most rearward position, when the trigger bar is pushed down, it rotates the sear out of the hammer, thus the hammer falls.
d) The hump on the bottom of the bolt pushes the top of the hammer downward (when the hammer is in rebound position/fully rearward), which releases the spring-loaded sear, thus allowing the hammer to fall.

Last edited by hoppy70; 06-03-2012 at 02:10 AM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-02-2012, 08:18 PM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 11

Warning - I've only shot a FA MP5 once. These are educated guesses for entertainment purposes only.

1. B
2. A
3. C
4. C
5. B
6. D