Gunsmithing schools
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gunsmithing & Do-It-Yourself Projects > Gunsmithing Forum >

Gunsmithing schools

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2013, 09:12 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 19 Times on 15 Posts

Default Gunsmithing schools

Does anyone know of any online gunsmithing schools that are worth checking out. I considered AGI (America gunsmith intuition) but the price drove me away. I don't have the time or money to go to a legit hands on school so I have to do the online schooling for now. Please share your thoughts an info..

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-03-2013, 12:25 PM   #2

Liked 849 Times on 547 Posts
Likes Given: 257

Since you have joined this site there have been many discussions on this subject. please just do a search for 'gunsmithing school' or just 'school'.

Old 12-11-2013, 10:02 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Yes, I to can not get away from work and family to go to a hands on school. I wasn't sure about the AGI school so I started with the Practical Gunsmithing course to see if it would work. The format is about as hands on as you can get and if it goes over your head the first time you can just play it over. I like many other's if I see it done I get it but reading just don't cut it for me. I do plan on upgrading to the higher course's but like you say kind of pricey but you have that info to always look back to. I do plan on taking a Machine shop course in lathe and milling from the local tech school. I would also do a welding course, but that is what I do for a living so don't need that but I think it would be worth to learn. And like said there is a lot on this if you do a search on this. And you will learn a lot on this site if you just read or ask, someone will help.

Old 12-15-2013, 09:04 AM   #4
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 3387 Times on 2291 Posts
Likes Given: 710

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeke73
Yes, I to can not get away from work and family to go to a hands on school. I wasn't sure about the AGI school so I started with the Practical Gunsmithing course to see if it would work. The format is about as hands on as you can get and if it goes over your head the first time you can just play it over. I like many other's if I see it done I get it but reading just don't cut it for me. I do plan on upgrading to the higher course's but like you say kind of pricey but you have that info to always look back to. I do plan on taking a Machine shop course in lathe and milling from the local tech school. I would also do a welding course, but that is what I do for a living so don't need that but I think it would be worth to learn. And like said there is a lot on this if you do a search on this. And you will learn a lot on this site if you just read or ask, someone will help.
I have some of the AGI DVDs for specific guns. I recently completed the coursework @ PennFoster Univ.(online) and next ill do the hands on at my local CC here...for me because of mobility issues online was better to get started.

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...