Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gunsmithing & Do-It-Yourself Projects > Gunsmithing Forum > Gunsmithing School in Eu

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2013, 03:02 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Gunsmithing School in Eu

Is anyone here from Europe? Im looking for gunsmithing schools, and i've found one in Austria in Ferlach (Borovlje).
Does anyone know if school is good or bad? Worthed going to school? I was searching about it in forums but i just didnt get any informations. Any anwsers would really help me. Thanks

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-01-2013, 03:39 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3858 Times on 2304 Posts
Likes Given: 3233

Austria is one of the best, or I dare say, the best place to learn gunsmithing. I know someone, my LGS gunsmith, who went to a school there. For his final exam, they have him raw materials. He had to build a quality rifle with those materials. I highly recommend the experience. Good luck.

Oh Austrian made rifles that are deeply engraved with high grain wood stock are sold between 100,000 to 300,000 euros to rich all over the world. Add precious metals and rare wood, and then you are looking at a much higher price.

Old 10-01-2013, 04:10 PM   #3

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Wow man, thanks alot for your anwser , but i got one more question : To get on that school, do you must have Very good grades??
Thanks again for your anwser.

Old 10-01-2013, 04:13 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Not sure. I believe they are considered trade schools. Being a foreigner, maybe they have different requirements if any. Contact them. Most schools have someone one who speaks English. English is the universal trade language over here.

Old 10-01-2013, 04:18 PM   #5

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

yeah i will, but im also scared of german language needed. But it says that school is Slovene also, im not good at german but i am slovene. Is german needed?

Old 10-01-2013, 04:23 PM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Sorry brother, I honestly do not know. I would love to learn myself, but I am not good with small motor skills. Do not be scared though, just ask. I do know that people around the world go to Austria for gunsmithing. That is a well known truth. Carpi Diem! Plus, while there, you will learn the German. I wish you that the best of luck. The Austrian Alps are kick ass!

Old 10-01-2013, 04:30 PM   #7

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

yeah haha thanks ALOT for your anwsers, really helped me alot. Thank you!!