Gunsmithing school

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gunsmithing & Do-It-Yourself Projects > Gunsmithing Forum > Gunsmithing school

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2011, 05:19 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Gunsmithing school

Where i can take gunsmithing course?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-01-2011, 05:54 AM   #2

Liked 42 Times on 34 Posts

AGI is the most common school. American gunsmithing institute

"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."
~John F. Kennedy

Old 12-01-2011, 07:20 AM   #3

Is no way dat i can take the course online?

Old 12-01-2011, 10:23 AM   #4
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3049 Times on 1753 Posts
Likes Given: 1301

Quote:
Originally Posted by josefigueroa000 View Post
Is no way dat i can take the course online?
AGI is basically a "Home study" course.
If you have the money, they will send you CDs and some tools. The problems are that you do not have a seasoned person there to answer questions when they arise.

IMO, In-resident courses are the best. More tools are available to you. Also, when looking for a job in a shop, that in-resident course carrys more weight in helping you get hired.

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)

Old 12-01-2011, 10:26 AM   #5

Thanks alot for the information

Old 12-02-2011, 07:19 AM   #6

Take a look at my old school "Trinidad State Junior College, Trinidad, Colorado". It offers a 2 year Gunsmithing Course with an "AA" at graduation. I saved time and money by taking the required Academic courses at my local Community College. The instructors concentrated on mostly Custom work with a lesser concentration on repair work. I found the instruction very interesting and of a very high quality. Even more important, I was able to open my own shop and suceed. You could receive training in many useful phases of "hands on" gun work, machinist, stock making, finishing and refinishing as well as repair and custom gun building and much more. Tho it may have changed since 1990, I enjoyed it. Ed Hudgins 1990 grad