Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Gunsmithing Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f33/)
-   -   gun company (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f33/gun-company-58489/)

blueminiballer 02-22-2012 01:09 PM

gun company
 
Im a freshman in high school and was wanting to know what i needed to start doing to start a gunsmith or gun manufacturing business

hiwall 02-22-2012 02:13 PM

take every shop class available to you.

Ranger-6 02-22-2012 02:29 PM

After shop class get a Federal Firearms License...

kryptar19 02-22-2012 02:58 PM

Go to a gunsmithing school and get a degree

Axxe55 02-22-2012 03:01 PM

get a degree in business also. learn how to attract investers, because starting a gun business, or any business for that matter is costly.

texaswoodworker 02-22-2012 05:57 PM

Take shop classes, get an FFL, and either go to a Gunsmithing trade school (one of the best is in Colorado), or find a gunsmithing master that would be willing to take you under his wing. (gunsmithing master does not mean Bubba in his shed (at least not most of the time :D))

Axxe55 02-22-2012 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by texaswoodworker (Post 717024)
Take shop classes, get an FFL, and either go to a Gunsmithing trade school (one of the best is in Colorado), or find a gunsmithing master that would be willing to take you under his wing. (gunsmithing master does not mean Bubba in his shed (at least not most of the time :D))

aaron, i represent that remark, sorry, i resent that remark, i have a shed, but my name ain't Bubba! lol:eek::D

texaswoodworker 02-22-2012 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axxe55 (Post 717026)
aaron, i represent that remark, sorry, i resent that remark, i have a shed, but my name ain't Bubba! lol:eek::D

lol, I said "at least not MOST of the time". You fall into that small percentage of people who are master backyard gunsmiths. :D :p

Axxe55 02-22-2012 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by texaswoodworker (Post 717027)
lol, I said "at least not MOST of the time". You fall into that small percentage of people who are master backyard gunsmiths. :D :p

aaron, i'm not a gunsmith by any means, more of a recreational enthuiast who enjoys tinkering on guns in my shed. just poking a little fun at your statement though! lol! :D

texaswoodworker 02-22-2012 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axxe55 (Post 717031)
aaron, i'm not a gunsmith by any means, more of a recreational enthuiast who enjoys tinkering on guns in my shed. just poking a little fun at your statement though! lol! :D

lol, thats still more then I do. I have an old sxs that I have taken apart many times to refinish it (cold blue SUCKS, and I can't find the parts I need to make the guns safe and functional. :(), but that is where my gunsmithing experience ends. I'm hoping to get into more gunsmithing, I just need to find another project, or finish the one I'm working on if I can get a decent finish on it, and find those parts. But that is for another thread. I think I may go start it now. :D


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:12 AM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.