Gun Cleaning - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gunsmithing & Do-It-Yourself Projects > Gunsmithing Forum >

Gun Cleaning

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-15-2011, 11:45 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindOldMan View Post
I enjoy cleaning almost as much as shooting. Cleaning pretty much anything with complex parts whether it's electronic or mechanical is extremely calming to me.

The first time that I disassemble a new gun I remove and replace a part at a time. That is, I don't strip it completely in one pass but instead remove a part then replace it a few times until I know exactly how that part should look and feel.

Keep your work area clean. Be diligent in separating your brushes and rods. The first time that you jam a 9mm rod into your .22LR barrel and it gets stuck there will be the last time that it happens (if you learn )..

Read up on your supplies. Some cleaners don't work well with certain finishes. Using the proper cleaner can also minimize wear as you will need less force to get parts clean. Using the wrong cleaner can damage some parts.

Above all, be safe. In your home it's easy to sit in front of the television and disassemble and clean your firearm. The danger is that you can get so comfortable that you become careless. I'm very strict with myself and others about the maintenance portion of shooting, possibly even stricter than when I'm on the range.
where .....lmao ....did you get the bubbles pic lol .... i had a friend burn me 5 seasons of the trailor park boys rotflmfao

Old 07-16-2011, 02:57 AM   #22
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalesfirearm68 View Post
where .....lmao ....did you get the bubbles pic lol .... i had a friend burn me 5 seasons of the trailor park boys rotflmfao
I consulted the all knowing Google for "Trailer Park Boys pictures"... TPB is the nitz..

Old 07-16-2011, 03:19 AM   #23

Liked 23 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 90

ya,all like cleaning so much pls come and clean my comp n chokes im buying the beer!!!

Old 07-17-2011, 12:31 AM   #24
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonydewar View Post
ya,all like cleaning so much pls come and clean my comp n chokes im buying the beer!!!
Heh... I went to the range yesterday with some old friends. We took a few of my guns and spent almost two hours there. My ammo bag was a lot lighter when we left (my maybe thirty pounds)... Needless to say I have a whole lot of cleaning ahead of me.