Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gunsmithing & Do-It-Yourself Projects > Gunsmithing Forum > good idea

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-25-2011, 06:39 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default good idea

Hi guys ;I was wondering about the maximum number of 9mm sten barrels that could be bought here in USA with out the need of a licene and how much does it gonna cost me for each : safwa92@gmail.com

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-25-2011, 06:58 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5732 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

You got plans for a 9mm gatlin gun?

I am not aware of any license requirements to buy any parts but the receiver. I could be wrong. I notice on the ClassicArms website that they sell a replacement barrel for the Mosin Nagant rifle with no FFL required for shipping (not a receiver).

Anybody else know of a limit on parts?

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 11-25-2011, 07:34 PM   #3
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8586 Times on 3725 Posts
Likes Given: 1320

US law places no limits on the purchase of barrels- they are parts, not firearms.

HOWEVER- we cannot EXPORT parts of firearms (and scopes suited for military usage) without a permit issued by the US State Dept. There are international treaties regarding the movement of weapons from one country to another.

That can be a relatively complex process that is not cheap. A friend of mine just donated a SMLE to a military museum in Australia, and it was quite a production.

<--- Your Moderators at our weekly Troll Hunt