Glock not fireing or dry fireing
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gunsmithing & Do-It-Yourself Projects > Gunsmithing Forum > Glock not fireing or dry fireing

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2012, 10:11 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Glock not fireing or dry fireing

I have a gen 3 g23 and I recently purchased a ghost rocket 3.5 kit suppose to be drop in direct fit easy install but the gun wont fire. I tried to dry fire to take the slide off to put the factory glock parts back in and it wont dry fire either therefore I cannot remove the slide. Can anyone help me with ideas to get the slide off this gun.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-01-2012, 10:56 PM   #2

Liked 127 Times on 96 Posts
Likes Given: 13

Lock the slide in the rearward position.

Where the striker is, you can see the spring and a plastic piece. Push that plastic down(forward towards front of gun) with a small punch. This allows the back plate to slide off. Remove the striker and gently ease the slide forward. It will come all the way off. Replace striker and plate.

Visuals here http://www.alpharubicon.com/mrpoyz/glock/

I could make a list of a bunch of guns i have, or "have", or wish I had. Why would one feel compelled to provide that infornation freely? Do you feel the need to show off? Is it some immature game of oneupsmanship?

Why do you feel it necessary to list your guns?

Old 01-01-2012, 11:01 PM   #3

Thanks I'm going to try as soon as the games off.

Old 01-02-2012, 12:47 AM   #4

Worked perfect willfully thank you.

Old 01-02-2012, 06:30 PM   #5

I had a similar freak out while developing the trigger in my 34. just had to take a breath and think about it.

I could make a list of a bunch of guns i have, or "have", or wish I had. Why would one feel compelled to provide that infornation freely? Do you feel the need to show off? Is it some immature game of oneupsmanship?

Old 01-07-2012, 11:04 PM   #6

I think mabey a fireing pin problem or jammed hammer. Possibly failure to engage hammer.

Old 01-08-2012, 04:06 PM   #7

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

IMO "drop in" means that a 'hobbyist' can install it with minimal effort and simple hand tools, as opposed to a "gunsmith/professional fit". As a gunsmith I rarely see drop in parts that drop in. They have to account for variations in manufacturing and between models, so the parts are usually a bit over sized. It has been a while since I installed a ghost trigger, but I believe there is a tab on the bar that trips the sear that needs to be bent or filed down to fit. Should say in the instructions that came with it where to remove metal so the trigger will move far enough to trip the sear and release the striker. Don't try to remove a lot of material at once, take baby steps. If you go too far you will wind up with over travel. A couple swipes with a file, assemble, and function check. Repeat if function check failed. Unfortunately you have to do the back plate trick willfully armed mentioned earlier each time to disassemble it until you get it working. It is a pretty simple process, just go slow and carefully. The ghost triggers are real nice once they are fit.

Old 01-09-2012, 06:02 AM   #8

Contrary to the common parts... Glock parts are truly "drop In".

I have completely disassembled and replaced all parts in many glocks. And have yet to find a part that needed fit.
However, I use Glockworx connectors. Ghosts aren't near as good.

Last edited by willfully armed; 01-09-2012 at 06:06 AM.

Old 01-11-2012, 03:10 AM   #9

I know what I'm doing next!