Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gunsmithing & Do-It-Yourself Projects > Gunsmithing Forum > glock 29 10mm brass exploded.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2013, 02:34 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Ryadew3468's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Virginia Beach,Virginia
Posts: 121
Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

Default glock 29 10mm brass exploded.

I took my glock 29 out for the first time saturday. I shot 100 rounds and had one that the brass exploded/split.(pic included) I was shooting PPU JHP 180gr bullets. I did inspect the other 99 or so casings and nothing that I saw looked out of the normal. Do you guys think it was just a fluke or worth looking more into? Also, Ipit was some were in the middle of me shooting. Buddy of mine just happend to look down and see it while I was shooting.

__________________

What makes the grass grow?

Ryadew3468 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here


Old 04-15-2013, 02:36 AM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Ryadew3468's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Virginia Beach,Virginia
Posts: 121
Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

Default

Here is he picture

forumrunner_20130414_223518.jpg   forumrunner_20130414_223548.jpg  
__________________

What makes the grass grow?

Ryadew3468 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 02:37 AM   #3
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Ryadew3468's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Virginia Beach,Virginia
Posts: 121
Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

Default

Another picture

forumrunner_20130414_223640.jpg  
__________________

What makes the grass grow?

Ryadew3468 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 03:28 AM   #4
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
MoreAltitude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 447
Liked 156 Times on 93 Posts

Default

Wow, not good! Would seem to me a round slipped through quality control! I'd email them for the sake of answering some of your questions and to let them know they might have a problem with production standards.


Contacts:

ADDRESS: PRVI PARTIZAN AD
Milosa Obrenovica 2
31000 Uzice
Serbia

WEB: www.prvipartizan.com

E-MAIL: office@prvipartizan.com

Ammunition Production Manager- Jovisa Starcevic, B.Sc.Eng. -> jovisa.starcevic@prvipartizan.com

__________________

The United States Constitution © 1791. All Rights Reserved

MoreAltitude is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 04:11 AM   #5
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: West, by God, Funroe,Louisiana
Posts: 18,707
Liked 9199 Times on 5056 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Default

I've told this story before...

Once upon a time, my old Cadillac threw a belt. No biggie. I'm a grown man, can replace a belt no problem.

My uncle called me up while I was just finishing up. I told him what I was doing, as I told my ex wife, "fire it up". As she got behind the wheel, my uncle asks, "well... Did you figure out WHY it threw the belt?"

The engine cranks and begins to idle as I ask, "huh?"...

SNAP!!!!!

$35 down the drain. As he already knew, there was an underlying problem. In this case, I didn't notice the plastic idler pulley was cracked around the bearing, causing an outrageous wobble.

Bought another $35 belt and a $40 steel replacement pulley.

Contact the ammo maker. Take your gun to a Smith. Don't shoot it again until you find out what the underlying problem is. Guns are more dangerous than a serpentine belt. There's a reason that case split.

__________________
trip286 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 04:52 AM   #6
Moderator
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
 
robocop10mm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Austin,Texas, by God!!
Posts: 9,941
Liked 2605 Times on 1370 Posts
Likes Given: 202

Default

High pressure teamed up with an improperly anealed case. That is not an exploded case. That is badly cracked case. I have seen that in handloads after 5 or 6 loadings.

Brass is "drawn" in the forming process. This work hardens the metal. The mouth must be anealed to soften it back up so it expands, seals and contracts properly. If it is not anealed or improperly anealed it will be too hard and brittle.

Combine this with the generous chamber dimensions of Glock pistols and VIOLA!

__________________

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

robocop10mm is offline  
willshoum Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 12:04 PM   #7
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Ryadew3468's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Virginia Beach,Virginia
Posts: 121
Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoreAltitude View Post
Wow, not good! Would seem to me a round slipped through quality control! I'd email them for the sake of answering some of your questions and to let them know they might have a problem with production standards.

Contacts:

ADDRESS: PRVI PARTIZAN AD
Milosa Obrenovica 2
31000 Uzice
Serbia

WEB: www.prvipartizan.com

E-MAIL: office@prvipartizan.com

Ammunition Production Manager- Jovisa Starcevic, B.Sc.Eng. -> jovisa.starcevic@prvipartizan.com
I will do that today thank you!
__________________

What makes the grass grow?

Ryadew3468 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 12:06 PM   #8
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Ryadew3468's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Virginia Beach,Virginia
Posts: 121
Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by robocop10mm View Post
High pressure teamed up with an improperly anealed case. That is not an exploded case. That is badly cracked case. I have seen that in handloads after 5 or 6 loadings.

Brass is "drawn" in the forming process. This work hardens the metal. The mouth must be anealed to soften it back up so it expands, seals and contracts properly. If it is not anealed or improperly anealed it will be too hard and brittle.

Combine this with the generous chamber dimensions of Glock pistols and VIOLA!


So your saying I just got a bad apple?
__________________

What makes the grass grow?

Ryadew3468 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 01:21 PM   #9
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
JTJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Lake Havasu,Arizona
Posts: 5,804
Liked 1742 Times on 947 Posts
Likes Given: 547

Default

The case has a ragged crack indicating bad metal. That is not an exploded case. When a case explodes it is usually due to high pressure and the gun will be damaged. Did you fire any more rounds after the one that cracked?

__________________

Patron Member NRA
"I would not be an old man if I had not been an armed young man." JTJ
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of feces by the clean end."

JTJ is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 03:09 PM   #10
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Ryadew3468's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Virginia Beach,Virginia
Posts: 121
Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
I've told this story before...

Once upon a time, my old Cadillac threw a belt. No biggie. I'm a grown man, can replace a belt no problem.

My uncle called me up while I was just finishing up. I told him what I was doing, as I told my ex wife, "fire it up". As she got behind the wheel, my uncle asks, "well... Did you figure out WHY it threw the belt?"

The engine cranks and begins to idle as I ask, "huh?"...

SNAP!!!!!

$35 down the drain. As he already knew, there was an underlying problem. In this case, I didn't notice the plastic idler pulley was cracked around the bearing, causing an outrageous wobble.

Bought another $35 belt and a $40 steel replacement pulley.

Contact the ammo maker. Take your gun to a Smith. Don't shoot it again until you find out what the underlying problem is. Guns are more dangerous than a serpentine belt. There's a reason that case split.
Very true! I think im going to email the ammo company and email glock just to see what they say.
__________________

What makes the grass grow?

Ryadew3468 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
glock 20 10mm mountainman13 Glock Forum 16 05-23-2012 03:02 PM
Glock 45 vs 10mm chlogeo Glock Forum 7 11-16-2011 02:21 AM
Glock 20 10MM v.s. Hogs? WannaGator Hunting Forum 6 07-03-2010 12:41 PM
Looking for Cheap 10mm Brass?? wgoedjen1 Ammunition & Reloading 5 04-06-2010 04:48 AM