Glock 17 trigger pull and reset

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gunsmithing & Do-It-Yourself Projects > Gunsmithing Forum > Glock 17 trigger pull and reset

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-04-2011, 02:38 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Glock 17 trigger pull and reset

I'm looking to get a trigger pull of 3.5 with the shortest reset possible. I dont want to replace the trigger itself or change the appearance of it in any way. I know if I get a new york spring I can have a very short reset but they only make that in a 12 & 8lb spring that I know of. That coupled with a 3.5lb connector still gives me a trigger pull of about 5lbs give or take. Anyone know of any other options??

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-04-2011, 09:50 AM   #2
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2962 Times on 1708 Posts
Likes Given: 1272

A firearm relies on all parts working together. Changing one part has an affect on other parts.
Glocks are great pistols for what they are. Service pistols.

Have you entertained the thought of going to another platform?

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)

Old 08-04-2011, 01:58 PM   #3

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 3

I'm not aware of any way to retain the stock trigger and get the pull weight down except for changing the disconnector. You could just replace the whole trigger mechanism but you don't want to do that.

Sometimes you earthlings REALLY amaze me!

Old 08-04-2011, 02:17 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by danf_fl
A firearm relies on all parts working together. Changing one part has an affect on other parts.
Glocks are great pistols for what they are. Service pistols.

Have you entertained the thought of going to another platform?
I have a M&P .40 cal which I prefer over my Glock but the Glock is what I'm required to carry at work so I'm trying to make it as good as possible given that restriction.

Old 08-04-2011, 02:55 PM   #5
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2962 Times on 1708 Posts
Likes Given: 1272

What does your work require for a trigger pull. Making a trigger too light could open your firm for liabilities if an AD or ND occur.

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)

Old 08-04-2011, 03:19 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by danf_fl
What does your work require for a trigger pull. Making a trigger too light could open your firm for liabilities if an AD or ND occur.
Oh no it doesn't require for a light trigger pull at all. I'm just required to carry the glock and am used to the 3.5 pull on my 1911 that I trained with for the last 5 years prior to owning a glock. As for the liability to the firm, I would agree completely that most folks have no business adjusting anything having to do with performance on their weapon systems and I wouldn't think of doing so had I not had extensive weapons training. Personally, I just prefer a short reset and lighter pull for reduced friction and resistance for quicker follow on shots and increased accuracy with a high rate of fire.

Old 08-04-2011, 10:50 PM   #7

Liked 47 Times on 31 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Try training with the Glock for a while in stock mode. It really does work in stock condition.

Old 12-30-2011, 12:36 AM   #8
CHD

Due to the design of the firearm the "trigger reset" is not changeable... But I will say that when you put a 3.5 connector on one you get a very good trigger and trigger reset is normally a term used for the practice of holding the trigger back until after the slide returns to battery and then bringing the trigger forward just enough to reset(click). This results in much faster follow up shots and will ALLOW THE FIREARM TO CONTINUE FIRING EVEN WITH A BROKEN TRIGGER SPRING!!!

Hope this helps

p.s. Have a Glock Certified Armorer put it in, Joe the gun plumber voids warranties and causes malfunctions...