fun projects - Page 5
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gunsmithing & Do-It-Yourself Projects > Gunsmithing Forum > fun projects

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2012, 06:16 AM   #41
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 28,735
Liked 21583 Times on 12248 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlinman View Post
There is already a 243 ultra mag out there....its based off a 25-06 case. I did like my little cousins idea....of course a 9 year old boy can be pretty grousome. His name idea was the "7.43 Guts Blaster" do have to admit it is pretty catchy i told him once i had it built thats the rifle personal name.

God didnt make all men equal colonel Sam Colt did
pretty cool! how bout the 7.243 Gut Buster!
__________________
Axxe55 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 06:19 AM   #42
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: fordland,missouri
Posts: 11,099
Liked 862 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55

pretty cool! how bout the 7.243 Gut Buster!
Hmmmmm varmint master still sounds badass. Although so does 7-6 Prairie Tamer

God didnt make all men equal colonel Sam Colt did
__________________
Marlinman is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 06:30 AM   #43
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 28,735
Liked 21583 Times on 12248 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlinman View Post
Hmmmmm varmint master still sounds badass. Although so does 7-6 Prairie Tamer

God didnt make all men equal colonel Sam Colt did
jared, i really like that one, the 7-6 Prairie Tamer! very catchy and hints at being a varmint caliber. yeah, that's the one to call it!
__________________
Axxe55 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 06:34 AM   #44
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: fordland,missouri
Posts: 11,099
Liked 862 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55

jared, i really like that one, the 7-6 Prairie Tamer! very catchy and hints at being a varmint caliber. yeah, that's the one to call it!
Ill get ahold of mike and a few others to see what they think. I know its gonna be a wicked wicked round. Im also thinkin its gonna be a round that will break all the "rules" of varminting. I think ill build it off a mauser action like i did the warbird.

God didnt make all men equal colonel Sam Colt did
__________________
Marlinman is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 08:46 PM   #45
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 28,735
Liked 21583 Times on 12248 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlinman View Post
Ill get ahold of mike and a few others to see what they think. I know its gonna be a wicked wicked round. Im also thinkin its gonna be a round that will break all the "rules" of varminting. I think ill build it off a mauser action like i did the warbird.

God didnt make all men equal colonel Sam Colt did
the name would be a great marketing tool. and varmint hunters are always after more speed from their guns, so a 7mm Mag necked down to a 243/6mm bullet, should by theory, be a very fast round.
__________________
Axxe55 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 09:00 PM   #46
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
bigdaddy573's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,488
Liked 36 Times on 30 Posts

Default

That might be a barrel burner

I RUN LIKE A CHEVY AND IM BUILT FORD TOUGH

__________________
bigdaddy573 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 09:00 PM   #47
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: fordland,missouri
Posts: 11,099
Liked 862 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55

the name would be a great marketing tool. and varmint hunters are always after more speed from their guns, so a 7mm Mag necked down to a 243/6mm bullet, should by theory, be a very fast round.
According to my speed program ot should come out to about 4975 fps w a 75 gr bullet.

God didnt make all men equal colonel Sam Colt did
__________________
Marlinman is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 09:01 PM   #48
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: fordland,missouri
Posts: 11,099
Liked 862 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddy573
That might be a barrel burner

I RUN LIKE A CHEVY AND IM BUILT FORD TOUGH
So what? I can always make another

God didnt make all men equal colonel Sam Colt did
__________________
Marlinman is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 09:21 PM   #49
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
bigdaddy573's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,488
Liked 36 Times on 30 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlinman

So what? I can always make another

God didnt make all men equal colonel Sam Colt did
Just saying

I RUN LIKE A CHEVY AND IM BUILT FORD TOUGH
__________________
bigdaddy573 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 09:27 PM   #50
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: fordland,missouri
Posts: 11,099
Liked 862 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddy573

Just saying

I RUN LIKE A CHEVY AND IM BUILT FORD TOUGH
Ya i no

God didnt make all men equal colonel Sam Colt did
__________________
Marlinman is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Projects in progress. coba29 AK & SKS Discussion 0 11-25-2011 05:55 AM
Paracord projects 2hot2handle The Club House 19 09-30-2011 01:49 PM
Vintage Projects Trez The Club House 4 09-05-2011 11:01 PM
My AR-15 Projects... infotech DIY Projects 21 03-02-2009 08:27 PM
WTB Colt WWI era projects nsfdfiremed 1911 Forum 0 04-13-2008 04:36 PM