fun projects - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gunsmithing & Do-It-Yourself Projects > Gunsmithing Forum > fun projects

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2012, 07:48 PM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
kryptar19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: arkansas
Posts: 1,757
Liked 640 Times on 381 Posts
Likes Given: 1935

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mausershooter
Are these projects in work? Or are these projects just fun to talk about?
Both! I talked to my buddy yeaterday and we are gonna use parts from a Rossi .454 for the reciever for the .50ae lever gun. Gonna get a fluted bull barrel 22" long and mil our own tube.
__________________
kryptar19 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 09:59 PM   #32
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: fordland,missouri
Posts: 11,099
Liked 862 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mausershooter
Are these projects in work? Or are these projects just fun to talk about?
Any or all. Mine are all in the works.

God didnt make all men equal colonel Sam Colt did
__________________
Marlinman is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 11:05 PM   #33
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
kryptar19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: arkansas
Posts: 1,757
Liked 640 Times on 381 Posts
Likes Given: 1935

Default

Marlinman your a gunsmith right? How hard will it be to convert a .454 to a .50ae. I'm just starting out and haven't done this kind of project before.

__________________
kryptar19 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 04:22 AM   #34
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Ryno702's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Temecula,California
Posts: 111
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default

@Marlinman. You should do .338 LM for that bolt project! That would be the business!

__________________

Guns Don't kill people... Stupid people kill people with Guns!

Ryno702 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 04:25 AM   #35
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: fordland,missouri
Posts: 11,099
Liked 862 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kryptar19
Marlinman your a gunsmith right? How hard will it be to convert a .454 to a .50ae. I'm just starting out and haven't done this kind of project before.
Shouldnt be to hard but if you can give me measurements i can tell you now...if you dont ill have to look it up and that wont be until tommarrow.

God didnt make all men equal colonel Sam Colt did
__________________
Marlinman is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 04:28 AM   #36
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: fordland,missouri
Posts: 11,099
Liked 862 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryno702
@Marlinman. You should do .338 LM for that bolt project! That would be the business!
I might do that at some future time. I decided my long range varmint stomper is going to be a 7mm mag necked down to 243 win. I plan on callin it the 724 varmint master.....or thats the name for now. If you guys can come up w a good name let me know by post on here or pm me.

God didnt make all men equal colonel Sam Colt did
__________________
Marlinman is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 05:55 AM   #37
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 28,709
Liked 22027 Times on 12418 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlinman View Post
I might do that at some future time. I decided my long range varmint stomper is going to be a 7mm mag necked down to 243 win. I plan on callin it the 724 varmint master.....or thats the name for now. If you guys can come up w a good name let me know by post on here or pm me.

God didnt make all men equal colonel Sam Colt did
6mm-7mm Mag. Varmint Blaster! or, 243 Super Ultra Mag.
__________________
Axxe55 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 06:33 AM   #38
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: fordland,missouri
Posts: 11,099
Liked 862 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55

6mm-7mm Mag. Varmint Blaster! or, 243 Super Ultra Mag.
There is already a 243 ultra mag out there....its based off a 25-06 case. I did like my little cousins idea....of course a 9 year old boy can be pretty grousome. His name idea was the "7.43 Guts Blaster" do have to admit it is pretty catchy i told him once i had it built thats the rifle personal name.

God didnt make all men equal colonel Sam Colt did
__________________
Marlinman is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 06:38 AM   #39
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
bigdaddy573's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,490
Liked 36 Times on 30 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlinman

There is already a 243 ultra mag out there....its based off a 25-06 case. I did like my little cousins idea....of course a 9 year old boy can be pretty grousome. His name idea was the "7.43 Guts Blaster" do have to admit it is pretty catchy i told him once i had it built thats the rifle personal name.

God didnt make all men equal colonel Sam Colt did
Ya I bet that will spill the guts of a coyote lol and that name is catchy

I RUN LIKE A CHEVY AND IM BUILT FORD TOUGH
__________________
bigdaddy573 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 06:44 AM   #40
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: fordland,missouri
Posts: 11,099
Liked 862 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddy573

Ya I bet that will spill the guts of a coyote lol and that name is catchy

I RUN LIKE A CHEVY AND IM BUILT FORD TOUGH
If i had thought of it id have posted pics of a yote that caught a 168ser black hill bthp in the nose that came out just below the tail...end to end. Needless to say it looked like i sliced poor miss/mr(not sure which it was) in half w a skill saw and stuck its viscera in a blender on frappè then threw it all over a 10' fan radius behind it......that was w the warbird at 200 yards this yote was about the same size as you average blue heeler no less.

God didnt make all men equal colonel Sam Colt did
__________________
Marlinman is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Projects in progress. coba29 AK & SKS Discussion 0 11-25-2011 06:55 AM
Paracord projects 2hot2handle The Club House 19 09-30-2011 02:49 PM
Vintage Projects Trez The Club House 4 09-06-2011 12:01 AM
My AR-15 Projects... infotech DIY Projects 21 03-02-2009 09:27 PM
WTB Colt WWI era projects nsfdfiremed 1911 Forum 0 04-13-2008 05:36 PM