fun projects - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gunsmithing & Do-It-Yourself Projects > Gunsmithing Forum > fun projects

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2012, 02:09 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 360 Times on 224 Posts
Likes Given: 167

Quote:
Originally Posted by mausershooter View Post
Hello! I'm new here. I hope I'm replying correctly. The 35 Whelan is an awsome cartridge. There is also the 350 Howell. At one time you could buy properly stamped Howell brass.
Mauser welcome to the forum. Make sure you stop by the intro section and well provide us with a intro

"Regardless of whether justified of not, you will feel sad about killing another human being. It is better to be sad than to be room temperature." - Joe B Fricks.

Member:
01 FFL, GOFFA, NRA, GOA, IAVA, VFW, ABATE of Iowa D15.

Old 03-01-2012, 02:23 PM   #12

im in the drafting phase for a 2 piece rectangular shroud that covers the entire barrel and gas tube of my AK. i hope to provide a stable system since it fits into the receiver to mount optics instead of hoping my gas block is perfectly assembled straight. Plus my front site post is cockeyed so my iron sights are frickin useless. this will count as an american made part on it right?

Old 03-01-2012, 11:38 PM   #13
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5802 Times on 3029 Posts
Likes Given: 397

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soliferrum View Post
im in the drafting phase for a 2 piece rectangular shroud that covers the entire barrel and gas tube of my AK. i hope to provide a stable system since it fits into the receiver to mount optics instead of hoping my gas block is perfectly assembled straight. Plus my front site post is cockeyed so my iron sights are frickin useless. this will count as an american made part on it right?
if you made it in america yeah. i would stamp it in an obscure spot made in the usa if your worried about it.

if your talking about that compliance list BS. it wont count. there is a specific list of parts that count.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 03-02-2012, 04:30 AM   #14
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21724 Times on 12314 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlinman View Post
I thought it was after aaron said something bout it. Im also gonna build a scout rifle chambered in either 50 ae or 454 cassull....or both since the kits only $300 apiece they are supposed to be single shot bolt guns but i think i can make em take a box magazine if i can make the mags. Iv had pretty good luck with that so far so it should work out awesomely.

God didnt make all men equal colonel Sam Colt did
jared, this scout rifle idea sounds interesting. something along the lines of the 454 Casull in a carbine type rifle maybe? please tell us more about this one.

Old 03-02-2012, 05:27 AM   #15

Liked 862 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55

jared, this scout rifle idea sounds interesting. something along the lines of the 454 Casull in a carbine type rifle maybe? please tell us more about this one.
Think bolt action rifle in the rossi handi rifle size. Or the same size as a mossberg plinkster. Im thinkin it will be a take down rifle that can be used for a heavy caliber survival rifle. Its jist an idea right now. I have two kits on order....just dont know what calibers.

Old 03-03-2012, 06:43 AM   #16

Think bolt action rifle in the rossi handi rifle size. Or the same size as a mossberg plinkster. Im thinkin it will be a take down rifle that can be used for a heavy caliber survival rifle. Its jist an idea right now. I have two kits on order....just dont know what calibers.

What action or receiver are you using?

What 2 kits do you have on order?

Old 03-03-2012, 07:00 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by mausershooter

What action or receiver are you using?

What 2 kits do you have on order?
They are built off from remington 700 short action and they are from dakota arms. Im not positive but i think they are a very select group can order type of thing. I know they told me the only reason i was able to get em is because of who my mentor/partner is. All the are is the barrel, adjustable trigger, and synthetic stock. The stocks i dont think im gonna use though. I think im gonna have em made custom by boyds. Just not sure until i have em in my hands.

Old 03-03-2012, 07:03 AM   #18

Quote:
They are built off from remington 700 short action and they are from dakota arms. Im not positive but i think they are a very select group can order type of thing. I know they told me the only reason i was able to get em is because of who my mentor/partner is. All the are is the barrel, adjustable trigger, and synthetic stock. The stocks i dont think im gonna use though. I think im gonna have em made custom by boyds. Just not sure until i have em in my hands.

jared, keep me posted as to how this turns out and when you get the parts in. sounds very interesting, and would like to learn more about it. thanks.

Old 03-03-2012, 07:05 AM   #19

Quote:

jared, keep me posted as to how this turns out and when you get the parts in. sounds very interesting, and would like to learn more about it. thanks.
Can do. Hey what happened to your pms man?

Old 03-03-2012, 07:17 AM   #20

Quote:
Can do. Hey what happened to your pms man?

thanks jared. the pm is working again, computer mishap!