Firing pins wanted
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gunsmithing & Do-It-Yourself Projects > Gunsmithing Forum > Firing pins wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-20-2011, 06:39 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Firing pins wanted

I have a Centurion over and under 12 gauge and the firing pin broke and I've been trying to get a replacement for 3 month's now and the importers at boca raton keep jerking me around.
I would just like to fix it to sell and I promise I will never buy anything else made in Turkey or anything imported to boca roton Century arms written on it
I'm thinking about cutting it up in small pieces and sending it back to them
Bottom line....CENTURY ARMS SUCK !!!

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-21-2011, 12:10 AM   #2
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2955 Times on 1704 Posts
Likes Given: 1271

Can you remove the broken firing pin and have someone make one up?

I've done that before.

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)

Old 11-21-2011, 10:39 AM   #3

I've checked on that and yes, I am probably going to do that. I can have two made for $100.00 or one for $75.00. These are going to be made out of his best stock. I'm going to sell it and I'd like for it to make someone a good gun. I guess I should have payed attention to advice the people gave me about buying that piece of crap to start with. From now on the only turkey I buy will be for eating.

Old 11-21-2011, 10:43 AM   #4

Liked 208 Times on 148 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewchew
I've checked on that and yes, I am probably going to do that. I can have two made for $100.00 or one for $75.00. These are going to be made out of his best stock. I'm going to sell it and I'd like for it to make someone a good gun. I guess I should have payed attention to advice the people gave me about buying that piece of crap to start with. From now on the only turkey I buy will be for eating.
how much are you looking for for the o/u?

------------Space Not for Hire.-----------

Old 11-21-2011, 05:50 PM   #5

I have a Centurion o/u in the shop now and will end up making pins for it. They are just not available.Good luck.

Southern California
Anything legal , rifles , handguns , shotguns , black powder

Old 11-21-2011, 08:46 PM   #6
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2955 Times on 1704 Posts
Likes Given: 1271

Pins sound like a weak spot in those shotguns.

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)

Old 11-22-2011, 05:36 PM   #7

Very poor design.

Southern California
Anything legal , rifles , handguns , shotguns , black powder

Old 12-06-2011, 10:59 PM   #8

After extensive research century arms was no help at all, they even atmitted that they imported inferior guns and can't get parts for them. They did give me a gunsmith in Hillsboro, Mo. that makes the firing pins for $72.00 a pair plus shipping. I have to send my complete gun for test firing....I'm not complaining about this, just stating a fact.
Century arms said that Mossberg Silver Reserve was an exact copy of the Centurion firing pins made by Khan in Turkey and were being made a little better now, so I ordered two pins from Mossberg that the lady said they were on back order and would be about a month waiting period. I went ahead and put the $26.00 cost on my credit card and haven't heard from them in over three month's. My over&under Centurion 12 gauge is in mint condition, flawless except the firing pins. I hate to give it away and just haven't made my mind up what I'm going to do . Any suggestions or offers. If the pins ever come in, I'll pass them along.
Today I picked up my Browning O&U model 425 Golden Clays.
Never again will I buy junk from Century Arms.

Old 02-28-2012, 02:20 PM   #9

Default Thanks Mossberg

Yesterday I recieved a package from FedEx from, Maverick Arms Inc. Eagle Pass, Texas.
It was two firing pins for my O&U Centurion. I'm guessing they are from the order I put in 2 month's ago to Mossberg.
For any of you who has a shotgun made in Turkey, good luck getting any parts. Mossberg O&U silver select has the same firing pins as Centurion / Khan. I consider myself lucky.