Firing pin on Sig Pro 2340

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gunsmithing & Do-It-Yourself Projects > Gunsmithing Forum > Firing pin on Sig Pro 2340

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-22-2010, 07:57 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Firing pin on Sig Pro 2340

I am attempting to remove the firing pin on a Sig Pro 2340. In the past I have removed the firing pin retaining pin and disassembled the slid. I found info on the proper procedures online last time. I have been unable to find any info this time. So the question to you gun smiths is, what direction to I push the firing pin retaining to in. Looking at the back of the slid as if I was shooting it. Do I push the pin to the right or to the left. One side of the pin has groves in it, I suspect to keep it from turning or coming loose. The other side has no groves and looks like it has a taper to it.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-23-2010, 08:05 PM   #2

Today I said screw it and I tried pushing the pin the other way. It fell right out with out any binding. So the answer to my question is, the pin is pushed from right to left when looking down the slid as if you were shooting the gun. A few taps and out it came. Putting it back in, left to right, push it in as much as possible by hand then tap it back in. Firing pin is not as clean as from factory. Thanks to all that looked and gave some thought to it.

Old 12-23-2010, 09:32 PM   #3
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2785 Times on 1613 Posts
Likes Given: 1214

My apologies sir, but I have not had the pleasure of getting a Sig in my shop. I am still working on RG's and Sterlings.

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)

Old 12-24-2010, 02:44 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by danf_fl View Post
My apologies sir, but I have not had the pleasure of getting a Sig in my shop. I am still working on RG's and Sterlings.
Not a problem, I found out a lot of new stuff when I took it apart. I love working on guns. Thanks for the consideration.