Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gunsmithing & Do-It-Yourself Projects > Gunsmithing Forum > Failure to Load question

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2013, 10:28 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Failure to Load question

Interdynamic KG-99 pistol (9mm) with a 30 round clip. When I put the loaded clip in the weapon and rack the lever to load it, it is tossing the first cartridge out on the ground. The motion of the bolt seems to be catching the first round and tossing it out or, the motion is dislodging the first round just enough that it becomes loose enough for the magazine spring is spitting it out. Or something... Any ideas what the problem may be??? (:->

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-24-2013, 11:35 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by caboutin
Interdynamic KG-99 pistol (9mm) with a 30 round clip. When I put the loaded clip in the weapon and rack the lever to load it, it is tossing the first cartridge out on the ground. The motion of the bolt seems to be catching the first round and tossing it out or, the motion is dislodging the first round just enough that it becomes loose enough for the magazine spring is spitting it out. Or something... Any ideas what the problem may be??? (:->
I just read a thread on ammo selection. It said to use steel casings over brass and I tried it and it worked much better. The steel ammo has a certain tack that allows the ammo to stay in the magazine while the bolt is actuated. I checked my Gunbroker summary and it looks like I won the auction for a 50 round magazine. (:->. Like I told my friend in a text earlier today: I am bidding on a 50 round clip for a gun that I haven't gotten to cycle more than one round, lol. Mental iLLness I think. I love the weapon and I really want to get it functioning smoothly. Last night I filed the extractor pin to match the profile of the ammo and buffed the feed ramp to improve it's performance a little. Once I get the first round in the chamber it fires well, when the first round jumps out of the weapon it spoils the fun. The gun is really kewl, I hope to get some good feedback (free lessons) on here.

Old 01-24-2013, 11:49 PM   #3
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2751 Times on 1595 Posts
Likes Given: 1202

If the ammo is coming out of the mag too soon, there is a chance that the lips of the mag are deformed.

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)

Old 01-24-2013, 11:53 PM   #4
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2342 Times on 1169 Posts
Likes Given: 1189

BAD MAG! GET A NEW ONE! That is my bet!

The Constitution is not an instrument for the Government to restrain the people. It is an instrument for the people to restrain the Government!
*Patrick Henry

Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

-- John F. Kennedy

Old 01-25-2013, 12:03 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper03
BAD MAG! GET A NEW ONE! That is my bet!

Roger that, I have one coming "in the mail". Can a person or a gunsmith repair a mag???

Old 01-25-2013, 02:23 AM   #6
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2751 Times on 1595 Posts
Likes Given: 1202

compare old to new and carefully bend lips of old to match.

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)