Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gunsmithing & Do-It-Yourself Projects > Gunsmithing Forum > Eddystone Cocking Problem

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2011, 05:23 AM   #21
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1174 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

BTW, it was occasionally not cocking even with the bolt in the closed and locked position. Remember Dune?

I had to back the trigger adjustment off a bit. So now, there's a bit more take up before it fires. But that trigger is still really sweet.

After all this nonsense, I'll bring it to Texas so folks can experience the "World's Greatest Eddystone".

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 02-21-2011, 05:24 AM   #22

Liked 31 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Can't wait CA, I'll be in Sac. in March for Celebrewtion, a brew club competition.

People get the government they deserve.

Old 02-21-2011, 05:29 AM   #23
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Sounds good. Let me know and we'll get together. Maybe we can get the Daggle, mrm14 and some of the other semi local folks together for some range time and lunch.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 02-21-2011, 02:22 PM   #24

Liked 32 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA357 View Post
BTW, it was occasionally not cocking even with the bolt in the closed and locked position. Remember Dune?

I had to back the trigger adjustment off a bit. So now, there's a bit more take up before it fires. But that trigger is still really sweet.

After all this nonsense, I'll bring it to Texas so folks can experience the "World's Greatest Eddystone".
Did someone call for the "World's Greatest Eddystone!"?

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

"Obama has ordered the launching of more Tomahawk cruise missiles than All the other Nobel Peace Prize winners combined."

Old 02-21-2011, 02:59 PM   #25
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

That looks awfully nice Rock. What's the scope?

Old 02-21-2011, 03:02 PM   #26
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Just for grins, the other "Worlds Greatest Eddystone":

Old 02-21-2011, 03:15 PM   #27

Quote:
Just for grins, the other "Worlds Greatest Eddystone":

That is a work of art. Turned out beautifully.

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

"Obama has ordered the launching of more Tomahawk cruise missiles than All the other Nobel Peace Prize winners combined."

Old 02-21-2011, 03:18 PM   #28

Quote:
That looks awfully nice Rock. What's the scope?
The scope was on a mount that came with another rifle I bought. Never even looked through it when I got it, and tossed it in the box of "Miscellaneous scopes". It is a 30mm Bausch & Lomb Elite 3200 3-9 with German #4 crosshairs.

I loaned it to a friend to test fire his M25 and that day was the first time I looked through it. The glass blew me away. So when it came time to doll up this old Eddystone it became the logical choice.

Optical quality compares nicely to Euro glass.

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

Old 02-21-2011, 03:23 PM   #29
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

I'm not all that expert with optics, but it certainly sounds like a good scope.

Old 02-21-2011, 04:29 PM   #30

Quote:
I'm not all that expert with optics, but it certainly sounds like a good scope.
The glass is great, really great. The adjustments feel a bit spongy, and I would not want to be using them a lot. But after I sighted it in, it has stayed zeroed.

The adjustments feel like there are plastic parts inside. Not crisp. I'm used to the IOR scopes that have steel on steel, with ball bearing turrets.

But for a hunting rifle this scope delivers.

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI