Cz 52 help

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gunsmithing & Do-It-Yourself Projects > Gunsmithing Forum > Cz 52 help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2010, 06:44 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Cz 52 help

My father-in-law has lent me his CZ-52 in an attempt to fix it. The issue is one of two things. A) every 3-4 rounds, a round will become stuck in the chamber no matter if it has been fired or not or even hand cycled. -or- B) The slide is getting hung on the take-down tab. I looked at- I first thought the chamber needed to be polished, but upon further inspection the slide appears to be hangning on the take-down tab. When the pistol jams it gets stuck with 1/4'' before it goes into battery. When I pulled on the slide i noticed the take-down tabs moving and seem to be pushed down slightly, once pushed back up the pistol will slide into battery. When I go to manually eject the round it gets stuck again. Anyone had issues like this?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-11-2010, 09:38 AM   #2
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2905 Times on 1675 Posts
Likes Given: 1256

A) I would look at the extractor. If it is worn or damaged, it may not pull the cartridge out. B) When was the recoil spring replaced? An old spring can create a lot of problems. Parts slamming against each other, etc...

Good luck!

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)

Old 05-11-2010, 01:06 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by danf_fl View Post
A) I would look at the extractor. If it is worn or damaged, it may not pull the cartridge out. B) When was the recoil spring replaced? An old spring can create a lot of problems. Parts slamming against each other, etc...

Good luck!
The extractor appears to be in perfect shape, well defined edges so its not slipping. After looking at it last night I think it could be an ammo issue. I polished and cleaned the chamber b/c it seems like certain rounds get jammed in the chamber and become stuck while other rounds (same ammo) don't. As far as I know the spring has never been replaced but it still strong.